Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PLamarine

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
Central MA
My 3.1 has been almost flawless, just a problem with the ipod volume control not being there but a restart fixed it and I have not had that since. I love the Voice Control over bluetooth.

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
My 3.1 has been almost flawless, just a problem with the ipod volume control not being there but a restart fixed it and I have not had that since. I love the Voice Control over bluetooth.

How can you say 3.1 is flawless when the Phone icon's shadow is darker than other other icons?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

TheSpaz said:
I don't like the launching animation for 3rd party apps on 3.0 (on iPhone 3G) and I also don't like the look of the toggle buttons (like at the bottom of Maps.app)

I thought you were using 2.2.1 again because it's faster?

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

TheSpaz said:

How can you say 3.1 is flawless when the Phone icon's shadow is darker than other other icons?

Maybe because he's referring to the actual functionality of the device?

dbug1

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2009
wynndc@yahoo.com
What ipcc are you using in 3.1 to get MMS working?

Here is the ATT_US.ipcc file i used. I loaded the file, then restarted iphone. then placed iphone SIM in non-iphone (BB BOLD). Made some calls to and from the BB and kept sending MMS until it worked. Made a few more calls and sent and received a few more MMS.

Put in the following setting on iPhone.

MMS username WAP@CINGULARGPRS
Password CINGULAR1

All other setting were in place. Turned iPhone off. Inserted SIM from the BB back in to the iPhone and MMS has worked since. Still working a week later.

Seems like a lot and lot of steps, but if you like MMS this was worth it for me. Thanks.

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000

Please just go back to your iSpy books. Its getting really really annoying. Its a shadow. Its a pixel. Stop looking so much at the phone and start looking at women. Then again you might start pointing out all of their flaws and trying to return them.

On a more serious note, I hope they fix REAL issues like WIFI. WIFI fix and I'm set. Thats because as long as it FUNCTIONS properly, I have better things to do than find every single little flaw in a device and its OS.

Spaz, Its getting annoying. Please stop flaunting your OCD nature.

CKohkah

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
MMS has nothing to do with 3.1. It's an AT&T thing.

And 3.1 won't be released for a couple of months.

How do you know? There was an article a week or two ago quoting Apple about the SMS phone hack bug along with a few other bug fixes and it said that they had planned on fixing the issue by month's end.

Below is the article.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/02/apple-patching-nasty-iphone-sms-vulnerability/

I'm betting at the very least we get some sort of update by the end of the month to fix this and the wifi issue.

Pattycerts

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
Please elaborate why it "sucks" as I don't really have a single problem with it, save for bluetooth heaset distortion on a call...

Funny, I have zero BT problems, minus the fact they've omitted AVCRP.

My ipod app randomly bugs, I'll tap a song in my list to play and it cannot play the song. I have to force-quit ipod app and reopen it. Then its works perfectly fine. Happens every few days, with heave ipod use.

My contacts lidt doesn't operate properly. When I hit the letters of the alphabet on the right side it does brings me to A, no matter where I press. Unless I go to the very bottom and it takes me to the Z's.

The ipod app has done this after multiple syncs with Itunes and contacts have done this since install.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
How do you know? There was an article a week or two ago quoting Apple about the SMS phone hack bug along with a few other bug fixes and it said that they had planned on fixing the issue by month's end.

Below is the article.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/02/apple-patching-nasty-iphone-sms-vulnerability/

I'm betting at the very least we get some sort of update by the end of the month to fix this and the wifi issue.

Because every other carrier has MMS w/o 3.1.

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Thanks for being so concerned with what I'm using.
It's not that, really; it's just that it's hard to keep up sometimes. So when you complain about something that affects the 3G running 3.0 software (which is fairly specific) I don't know if the 'issue' is resolved in 3.1, occurs on the 3GS, or was just the product of a less-than-perfect memory (since you're not even running that OS/product combination anymore) ... :confused:

Anyway, back on topic - I hope that 3.1 is released soon. I really miss the improved boot/power off times, and the contact field copy feature. And the non-destructive trimming ... I downgraded my 3GS back to 3.0 for the jailbreak and absolutely love it, but there are some things I miss from 3.1 ...

thisisarcadia

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
New Orleans, LA
Have you tried restoring and setting it up as a new iPhone?

No i have not tried to set up as a new phone! Has anybody else done this? And i am currently using an iphone 3G running 3.1b with AT&T 5.0! could that have something to do with it? Also is the tethering option there by default now in 3.1? I am just tired of my phone screwing up all the time, but i would hate to get rid of tethering ya know.

Alipor

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2009
Here is the ATT_US.ipcc file i used. I loaded the file, then restarted iphone. then placed iphone SIM in non-iphone (BB BOLD). Made some calls to and from the BB and kept sending MMS until it worked. Made a few more calls and sent and received a few more MMS.

Put in the following setting on iPhone.

MMS username WAP@CINGULARGPRS
Password CINGULAR1

All other setting were in place. Turned iPhone off. Inserted SIM from the BB back in to the iPhone and MMS has worked since. Still working a week later.

Seems like a lot and lot of steps, but if you like MMS this was worth it for me. Thanks.

Well I had it working for about 5 min, I still think there is something in 3.1 that registers the phone on the network. In xcode I still get network conf changed, that is when my MMS stopped working. But who ever wrote 5.1 did a good job, at least my VM is working too.

xlslx

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2009
can anyone tell me if its a good idea to upgrade the baseband in general? i have a activated T-Mobile Germany iPhone 3GS and only need a jailbreak (for 3.1 when its done of course) but dont need a unlock, so which benefits has such a BB update? especially the update in the 3.1 betas?

and second question.....what about the WiFi Issues, are they solved now? and what about battery life (esp. on 3GS)....can anyone tell me?

Thanks and Greets to everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.