New app icon stuck on loading

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blaklaybul, Jul 16, 2008.

1. blaklaybul
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

blaklaybul

I tried to download a strobe app for the shows that I am attending this summer. The app never finished downloading and it has been stuck on thea loading bit for a while now. I have tried holding down the icons so an "x" would appear, but it doesn't.

Can anyone help?

2. tymmini
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

this happened to me too. i ended up restoring, then syncing with itunes to transfer the apps over.

3. MattGTO
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

MattGTO

This happened to me with Pandora. In about 6 minutes of it sitting there, it told me that the download didn't work and it asked if I wanted to retry.

4. Jetman
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

This happened to me, but on holiday so I was 2 weeks away from my home Mac for re-syncing. I managed to kick start the application into loading by moving it to another screen of icons.

It prompted me for my iTunes password again then started the download again.

5. =Shadow=
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

Usually after about 5 minutes it'll display a message saying the app cannot download. If you have been waiting a while and are desperate, reboot your iPod. Expect it to take 2 or 3 times longer to start up than usual. If it fails to start up, manually shut it down, (Hold Power button and Home for a few moments) and then plug into the computer. This seems to "un-brick" iPods and iPhones now.

(Just today my iPod got into a state of being bricked, but when I plugged into iTunes it started up just fine and now runs like a well oiled machine. :D)

6. TheZimm
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

this used to happen to me, but not yet since 2.0.1 (hmmm fixed the problem?)

All I did was go into iTunes, check for purchases, download it on itunes, go back onto my iPod and a message would come up that would say that all my downloads were finished on itunes, sync my ipod, and the app was put onto there