Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

koulmj

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 18, 2013
Do the new apps run on the old APPLE tv, without the siri and the Games naturally. I really just wanna stream NBC news, ABC News, ESPN and some of the CBS Sports stuff(Super Bowl), do they work the same?

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
Do the new apps run on the old APPLE tv, without the siri and the Games naturally. I really just wanna stream NBC news, ABC News, ESPN and some of the CBS Sports stuff(Super Bowl), do they work the same?

Apple TV 3 doesn't have apps. Everything that is on it is just there. Unless you hide it. And they all work.

koulmj

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 18, 2013
yeah, but it looks like those options you can hide and unhide display the same content as the new Apple TV stuff. I guess I just don't need the new one. I'm most interested in watching ABC and NBC new streams, and sometimes netflix.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
yeah, but it looks like those options you can hide and unhide display the same content as the new Apple TV stuff. I guess I just don't need the new one. I'm most interested in watching ABC and NBC new streams, and sometimes netflix.

ok that's cool. Until Apple or the networks drop support, it should serve you for a long time.

Just know the new one is getting more and more support from streaming services and networks.

Cheers

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE

If you're just looking to stream via the three apps you mentioned, the ATV3 will work perfectly fine since all of those apps are available. Unless you really want the App Store, then go with the ATV4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.