Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I love that face...whatever motivates my ass is a good thing. :D Ignorance from poster is what gets me...but you knew that already, right? ;)

Motivation is great. That's what the Apple Watch is intended for. I workout/weightlift everyday, for two hours with the motivation of the Watch, with dedication and hard work.

"Ignorance" has no correlation with an Opinion of a cluttered Watch face. Some prefer the added complications and others prefer the simplistic look.

Last edited:
Reactions: ErikGrim

bluewomble88

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2009
Although I'd like a smart watch one day, I'm old fashioned and there are two reasons why I won't.

First, my watches are circular. I despise square watch faces, so that's out before we begin. However, even if Apple designed a circular watch, I wouldn't buy it unless it could develop solar charging, like Citizen's eco-drive. I've always had a fascination with watches but been hamstrung by costly replacement batteries. I now have two beautiful eco-drive watches for different occasions, meaning I never have to worry about changing batteries or worrying if my watch is still water resistant after some jack the lad replaces one.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
However, even if Apple designed a circular watch, I wouldn't buy it unless it could develop solar charging, like Citizen's eco-drive.
Sadly, the technology required to enable a solar (or kinetic) charged fully featured smartwatch is currently unrealistic as their power requirements are huge compared to standard quartz watches.

Reactions: Thai
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.