Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2003

Attachments

• appleworks6_2_125.jpg
    appleworks6_2_125.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,994

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
It is version 6.2.7. It came with a new box. It's really strange if you ask me. Version 6.2.7 isn't even available as a downloadable update.

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
Interesting that there should be another AppleWorks update, considering the rumours of an <B>iWorks</B> later in the year. Why go to all the cost and hassle of designing and making new boxes for a minor software update?

Just wanted to get that off my chest! :p

Chris, the cost conscious

mcrowley

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2002
AppleWorks 6.2.7

I have verified that the Apple education store does in fact have AppleWorks 6.2.7 posted for purchase with the same photo as seen before in this thread

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by celaurie
Interesting that there should be another AppleWorks update, considering the rumours of an <B>iWorks</B> later in the year. Why go to all the cost and hassle of designing and making new boxes for a minor software update?

Just wanted to get that off my chest! :p

Chris, the cost conscious

I would imagine any works set that they come out with will be based in some part on the current Apple Works. Therefore they will probably continue doing bug patches on it until they release a completely new version.

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
This box looks like something from the Post-Jaguar era. I didn't know they even had an update out...

achmafooma

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2002
Northern Virginia
Considering the current version is 6.2.4, it's interesting that it's labeled as 6.2.7. That skips 6.2.5 and 6.2.6.

Who knows... I just hope that it comes with the OS X standard "check spelling as you type". If they add that, I'll be a much happier AppleWorks user.

That's about the only feature that I miss in using AppleWorks instead of Word (or OpenOffice) as my word processor.

Maybe the 6.2.7 version will feel like an Aqua application. While I'm not picky about appearances, AppleWorks does look and feel very "classicy" even when running in OS X.

ymerej123

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2003
Here is a good link on the subject from eWeek. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,3959,1036307,00.asp

I was confused myself and apparently tomorrow (wed.) Apple will post the downloadable update to version 6.2.4. It is odd, thought, that they would create an entirely new package for such a minor update, maybe a fortaste of the long-awaited Documents program (Word-alternative similar to the Keynote PowerPoint-alternative).

-jeremy

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.