Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
What he said, they've been available since 5.1, but you have to install an app and add Japanese (romaji) to your keyboard

He is referring to the NEW emoji's in iOS 6 (see pics a few posts up). We know about the existing ones.

----------

Sorry for the DP and cut off pics but iOS 6 Safari is only letting one attachment upload...?

I really like the new moon phases.

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
What he said, they've been available since 5.1, but you have to install an app and add Japanese (romaji) to your keyboard

Actually, they've been there since 5.0 and you need the emoji in keyboards. You dont need to add "romaji" however you got that.

Another Screenie of new Emoji's for the hell of it

Attachments

• IMG_0154.PNG
    IMG_0154.PNG
    308.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_0155.PNG
    IMG_0155.PNG
    304.2 KB · Views: 239

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
complete iOS 6.0 Beta 1 list of emojis

Here is a complete list of them for you guys to enjoy:

ios60b1emojis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

phill361

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2012
Anytime I try and open the emoji keyboard it crashes the app, whether it be text or notes. Anyone know of a fix? iPhone 4

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Last edited:

jnl1211

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2011
NWIndiana
fasciitis = inflammation of the fascia (covering) of muscles, organs, etc.
facetious is probably the word you wanted... [wonders if Siri struck again ;)]

DAMN YOU AUTOCORRECT!!!!! I didn't even pay attention. When typing and walking up stairs after being at work all night I should've known better than to rely on it :D:D

BFizzzle

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2010
Austin TX
Good lord... You haven't needed an emoji app since 5.0!

good lord, THEY ADDED 300 MORE EMOJIS THAT ARE HIDDEN. i was very clear. not the ones that were released in 5.0. it has more HIDDEN EMOJIS.

before you decide to be a douche make sure you are right.

Last edited:

Randomoneh

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2011
Good, but they're rather massively biased toward Caucasian faces and limbs ... seems like a bit of an oversight. :(

Yeah, we need every possible combination there is to be sure we didn't left anyone out. :rolleyes:

1000 of them should be enough for a start.

I want one with overweight +60 lesbian with dark skin otherwise I'm not using it.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
How come I can view them on Firefox on my PC? I thought Emojis were iOS-dependent?
It's a unicode standard. It really has nothing to do with Apple apart from them designing particularly nice versions of them. Emoji 2 standard works on 10.7.3 and up and iOS 5.1 and up (minus a few).

Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emoji and copy the Emoji 2 section to a note on your phone and you can use them on your iOS 5 phone as well.

VulchR

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
Scotland
Yeah, we need every possible combination there is to be sure we didn't left anyone out. :rolleyes:

1000 of them should be enough for a start.

I want one with overweight +60 lesbian with dark skin otherwise I'm not using it.

All of the non-yellow faces, limbs, hands etc. – save one – are Caucasian. In the whole set there is exactly one depiction of a person with dark skin. Thus, in my opinion including depiction of people with darker skin should be a higher priority than, say, depicting a pile of smiling poo or a bunch of monkeys (which are included). Alternatively, more generic depictions (stick figures) could be used. Frankly, I'd also make sure that females weren't always dressed in pink. How hard would it be? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.