Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Most people that wonder in to the PRSI do tend to never leave. I do think they should have to return to the public forums once in a while.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Most people that wonder in to the PRSI do tend to never leave. I do think they should have to return to the public forums once in a while.

Actually, I find that most of those who just wander in, do wander right back out. And most of the regulars there I've seen elsewhere here, with only a few exceptions. It's not always about politics. ;)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Imagine if every post made in the Marketplace detracted one post from the user's post count...

Now there's a thought.

Yes, that does sound good. It would deter the use of this site for selling means. It would also be cool if once the poster went down to 0, he wouldn't be able to post in the marketplace until he earned his way back up to 100 or some other threshold.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
Yes, that does sound good. It would deter the use of this site for selling means. It would also be cool if once the poster went down to 0, he wouldn't be able to post in the marketplace until he earned his way back up to 100 or some other threshold.

There'd be an uproar:p

Although it would emphasize the point that the forum isn't just for selling, which is definitely a good thing, I can't see people being too happy about almost being punished for doing it.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Although it would emphasize the point that the forum isn't just for selling, which is definitely a good thing, I can't see people being too happy about almost being punished for doing it.

Well, my take on it is that the site isn't for selling or buying; it's about getting help and discussing Apple/Mac. I'm sure there are a few people on here who are here just for selling, but would we really miss them if the marketplace carried that negative post count policy? I think we might actually get better quality posts and maybe we wouldn't have to deal with, "OMG how come I can't post in the marketplace NOW???!!!" threads like this one.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I like the avatar rules as they are. I remember a time when I didn't though. ;)

http://upc.*************/uploads/macros/somethingcompletelydifferent.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.