Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Anyone know where exactly the new apple store is? Was in town today and looked all up and down buchanan street...very puzzled

I walked past it the first time too - the Apple logo isn't very obvious and is hidden between the pillars of the building.

An Apple logo on the side and a billboard or something would make it more noticable.

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
ShaunPriest

How did your genius appointment go?

Hey!

Well, I arrived at the Apple Store thirty minutes before my appointment. They didn't look too busy so I asked a genius if it would be OK if I could be seen to right away.

He was on his computer for a while, but I got a new iBook power adapter (which stopped working last night) and I asked about my Superdrive. He said that all the repairs took place within the store and realistically it would take 2-3 days to fix the Superdrive. I said that I'd leave that for another time. Overall the experience was OK. The genius took a look at my power adapter and yanked the top off (the circular bit that plugs into the computer) it. In my opinion he almost tried to imply that I knew about this and that I stuck it back on! Where in actual fact I never new about it, and it just shows the connector bit was seriously loose! My friend (who recently had to get a new power adapter from Apple for his MacBook) said that they are of poor build quality and the genius said "they just don't break". Maybe I'm being overly sensitive but I almost feel like he didn't believe my story!

Overall it was an OK experience and I will be using their service again for convenience alone.

I'm not regretting taking out AppleCare. So far with this computer I've had a new battery (Apple Online) a new power adapter (Apple Store) and a new Superdrive (Scotsys).

I don't believe Scotsys fitted a brand new Superdrive, as some of the disks I've burned are immediately unreadable on my computer, and DVDs I copy stutter when played on DVD players! So hopefully when I'm back to Uni in September I will get a new one fitted.

I will have had my computer 2 years in January. The battery capacity is only at 66% (which is kind of depressing!). Do you think Apple would cover another battery?

kolax

macrumors G3
Mar 20, 2007
Haven't tried the Genius Bar yet since I've not come across any problems (touch wood), but if something did happen I wouldn't get the Genius even come close to accusing me of breaking something if I hadn't.

Links are what matters sometimes in these situations - an old work friend transferred from a shop in Edinburgh to Glasgow. Only found out he had quit his job and got one at the Apple Store when I saw him on Saturday - I'm hoping that could provide a bit more generousity than what Joe Bloggs might get.

I will have had my computer 2 years in January. The battery capacity is only at 66% (which is kind of depressing!). Do you think Apple would cover another battery?

Batteries are consumables and aren't covered by the guarantee (unless the battery goes faulty within the first 4-6 months) - having 66% battery health after nearly 2 years isn't too bad!

the-fat-man@hot

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2007
John Jacob

Ok, thanks! I understand now.

I've heard of these deep-fried Mars bars. I wonder what they taste like, while at the same time I can literally feel my arteries clog up just thinking about of them. Kind of like being fascinated and revolted at the same time.
Deep-fried pizza, on the other hand, is just fascinating. :D

I thought this was a site to discus Apple - as far as I know it isn't the place to drag out tired, offensive and pointless stereotypes - Try the BNP or perhaps just think before you open your gob.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.