Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheAlchemist

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this problem. I have searched for an solution to this and i cant seem to find one and its becoming highly annoying.

Ive basically set my (3rd replacement) iMac up and attempted to connect to the wireless network in my house. It manages to connect but either shows all the signal bars or none at all. And after a minute or so it shows an exclamation mark over the signal bars and says "attention: no internet connection".

Now this wouldnt be annoying if it wasnt for the fact that im using my MacBook Pro right next to it which always show sufficient signal strength and is online with no problems at all. So why is it claiming theres no internet connection when its connected to the network when there clearly is?

Im wondering if this could be possibly another problem with some of the new Imacs. Or whether i'm just being an idiot somehow and have done something wrong.

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.