Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
I just finished my new GUI folding installer. It is based on mc68ks scripts but wrapped with a GUI. I didn't get Dual CPUs working yet, but that will give me a new excuse to release it again on versiontracker. You can leave feedback here if you want, don't install over an existing mc68k script installation!

http://nuclearnova.com/folding.dmg

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 123

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Thank you Vlade for you hard work. Will this be an improvement over the current software? Will it just be installed over the current version? My wife is currently running folding on her PowerBook. I will have to wait, running my folding on a dual processor. Will this also avoid tinkers?

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
wdlove said:
Thank you Vlade for you hard work. Will this be an improvement over the current software? Will it just be installed over the current version? My wife is currently running folding on her PowerBook. I will have to wait, running my folding on a dual processor. Will this also avoid tinkers?

It will be almost exactly the same as mc68ks scripts, but a little bit faster than the standard GUI programs. There is no way to avoid tinkers without hurting the program by deleting them, which I will not do.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
It looks like I have gotten almost 200 downloads so far, but version-tracker had a backend problem which I inadvertently discovered which kept me off the front page for a while, so it could have been more.

Is there anyway to check an anonymous folders stats for it? I haven't seen any increase in my production (but it is like 1-2 days old), but is there a way to get stats on no username (I would love to see a noticeable increase on WUs without a name for our team)?

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Nice. just wish we could get more people to join folding. I think that I have been doing it only 2 to 3 weeks with 2 1/2 pc's and I have gotten to 507 as of today,

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Also, if anyone wants to make this program custom for their username (or team...), its very easy. Right click the app, and click Show Package Contents, and then open Contents-Resources-English.lproj and then MainMenu.nib, change the two text values and then save.

Also, this requires Interface Builder which is a dev tool

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.