Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phreakout13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 4, 2004
South Eastern MA
Hi!
Will mac ever release iPod firmware updates to allow new games to be downloaded to iPods? That would be cool! Like tetris and space invaders and asteroids.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Too bad other people dont make games for the ipod...solitaire is good..and the music quiz is fun! :D

ITR 81

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Re: new iPod games

Originally posted by phreakout13
Hi!
Will mac ever release iPod firmware updates to allow new games to be downloaded to iPods? That would be cool! Like tetris and space invaders and asteroids.

Tetris, space invaders and missle command would all be on my list to have.

They usually put out a new game ever so often in their firmware updates.

This partnership with HP may help push the game thing.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
i hate card games... but everyone else loves them... so screw my as* keep the cards i guess.

yeah.... tetris would be awsome.

i say add chess also. that be perfect...

space invaders, tetris, missle command, astroids, frogger, card games and chess.

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I think they should make the games menu more like those on phones etc. As in give each game a folder so you can view its high score and help menu etc. As in more options! Not that the games need instructions but .. some people u'know :D

burr

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2005
Yes you can get new games on your ipod! Like colour doom and all the games you want! its call linux on ipod. go to google and search "linux on ipod"

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
burr said:
Yes you can get new games on your ipod! Like colour doom and all the games you want! its call linux on ipod. go to google and search "linux on ipod"

This thread is from jan 2004, so i'll ask why did yo post on it? :p

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
zap2 said:
This thread is from jan 2004, so i'll ask why did yo post on it? :p

Maybe because he has something relevant to communicate rather than wasting his time chiding people for posting on old threads. Threads never die on the internet. They are there and can be added to. Just think, someday your great-great grand children will be reading this and thinking what a dork grandpa was - and they can post to it as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.