Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

po'datnano

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2010
I am a giant Apple fan, I have every gadget that Apple has put out, but I believe this is not only the worst product Apple has ever released, but possibly the worst electronic product ever released by any company.

If you are thinking of buying yourself or someone the NANO 6, you would be better of lighting your money on fire and warming your hands in the orange glow.
There is no turn off switch on the Nano 6. Even when you put it on pause and put it to "sleep", it will randomly play your whole music library and run itself out of batteries, so you just have to hope you can plug it in at all times that you are not using it.
It also skips, not skips songs, skips like it is scratched vinyl.
Sometimes it decides it doesn't want you to play the songs in your order, so it will start shuffling songs.
Or my favorite, it will just stop playing your songs every 2 minutes of so, you have to wake it up and press play, really convenient in the middle of a workout.
It crashes, a bunch of yellow chinese writing goes all over the screen.
It is a POS, I cannot believe Apple released it, nor that someone agreed with the brainiac that decided it should not have an off button.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
I am a giant Apple fan, I have every gadget that Apple has put out, but I believe this is not only the worst product Apple has ever released, but possibly the worst electronic product ever released by any company.

If you are thinking of buying yourself or someone the NANO 6, you would be better of lighting your money on fire and warming your hands in the orange glow.
There is no turn off switch on the Nano 6. Even when you put it on pause and put it to "sleep", it will randomly play your whole music library and run itself out of batteries, so you just have to hope you can plug it in at all times that you are not using it.
It also skips, not skips songs, skips like it is scratched vinyl.
Sometimes it decides it doesn't want you to play the songs in your order, so it will start shuffling songs.
Or my favorite, it will just stop playing your songs every 2 minutes of so, you have to wake it up and press play, really convenient in the middle of a workout.
It crashes, a bunch of yellow chinese writing goes all over the screen.
It is a POS, I cannot believe Apple released it, nor that someone agreed with the brainiac that decided it should not have an off button.

1) WHERE did you purchase your Nano?!?
2) YOUR Nano may be buggy. Don't generalize to encompass the entire product.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
^^ Agreed. What the hell's up with your nano? I think you should restore it or something

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
As always a thread doing nothing but complaining instead of doing the common sense thing and exchanging it.

My Nano is perfect. Yours is messed up. Get it exchanged. Simple.

filfortugno

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
i know what you mean! my little brother had the same problems! we brought it back to the apple store and we couldn't reproduce the problems so a genius gave us the finger and sent us on our way

MartinS3X

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2009
South Texas
OP, why don't you post a photo of your Nano? Sorry to ask but is it a legit one? Maybe you somehow ended up with a fake/iclone type Nano, that would probably explain all the bugginess

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
To summarize:

There is clearly something wrong with my device, or I simply don't know how to use it. Should I take the time to troubleshoot? No! I have a better idea!

TO THE INTERNET!

aNYthing24

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2010
NY
In any case, Apple took a step back with the Nano line with their most recent offering. The 5th gen is better IMO.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
In any case, Apple took a step back with the Nano line with their most recent offering. The 5th gen is better IMO.

I used to like being able to change the song / adjust the volume without looking at my iPod.
At least we still have the iPod Classic for that :mad:

derek420

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2010
Killa Cali
I think it's alright, I mean the Chromatics are pretty badass. But still, I'm not surprised Apple took a step to try and renovate the Nano. Plus, I'm slightly tempted to buy one so I can wear it as a watch :p

dbales

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2009
I don't own a 6th gen, but I do own a 2nd and my friend's kids own a 4th and a 5th gen Nano. I don't know anyone who owns a 6th gen, but all my friends who are Mac supporters do not like the 6th gen nano. To us, it's a big step backwards in usability and functionality.

To me, the latest nano is a POS of an idea and poorly designed. If this year's nano is how all future nanos are going to be released, 5th gen will be the last gen I will own.

blackburn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Where Judas lost it's boots.
Yep these nanos suck hard.
But they sold out pretty quickly, well girls find them cute like my gf, but I've made her change her mind, so no nano:D

Still loving those old walkmans (a82x) fast, battery that lasted like forever, no fuss and great audio quality.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Yep these nanos suck hard.
But they sold out pretty quickly, well girls find them cute like my gf, but I've made her change her mind, so no nano:D

Still loving those old walkmans (a82x) fast, battery that lasted like forever, no fuss and great audio quality.

Mmm misogyny for the lose.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident

True. I wish Apple would have included the video camera effects in the new iPhone/iPod Touch. That was a nice gimmicky feature that I doubt people even know about. That made it better for me for that one feature.

I like the 6th generation for the clip feature vs using a arm band method. I don't think the new iPod Nano is a ripoff from my actual experience in the gym.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I like the new nanos.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
I didn't like the new nano the instant I saw it.

In any case, I hope you didn't get your nano on ebay, OP.

cankid96

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
I didn't like the new nano the instant I saw it.

In any case, I hope you didn't get your nano on ebay, OP.

weird.. the instant i saw it, i loved it.

It seemed different then the generic ipod nano/ipod classic design and it shows that apple is willing to try different things. Only thing I wished is that they didn't strip away so many features and make the UI look like a chinese iPhone copy. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.