Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

osoc13

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
I replaced my 30gb video iPod today with a 60gb. When I went to transfer video (Lost) from iTunes to my new iPod an error came up saying that I couldn't play that video on my iPod. I figured that this might be because there is some code written into each video file that only allows the episodes to play on one iPod (I know little about this stuff, I'm just guessing). So I downloaded the most recent episode and when I tried to put it on my new iPod the same message came up. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem would be appreciated.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
osoc13 said:
I replaced my 30gb video iPod today with a 60gb. When I went to transfer video (Lost) from iTunes to my new iPod an error came up saying that I couldn't play that video on my iPod. I figured that this might be because there is some code written into each video file that only allows the episodes to play on one iPod (I know little about this stuff, I'm just guessing). So I downloaded the most recent episode and when I tried to put it on my new iPod the same message came up. Any suggestions on how to correct this problem would be appreciated.

Right, stupid questions first:

1. Is the new one capable of playing video? You haven't got yourself an old 4G 60GB iPod instead?

OK, now to more serious solutions:

1. You might want to try restoring your new iPod using the iPod updater software. If that doesn't work and you are positive you have a 5G iPod, I'd ring Apple. There's no DRM restricting the number of iPods any iTMS purchase can be played on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.