Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Ferris & c4sp14nx,

Hmm the two of you are former Neo users, you both said you like this over the Neo-because of the minimal bulk. Is there any advantages over the Neo with this case alone?

c4sp14nx

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2008
Hi Rayfire,

Honestly, I'd still be using the Capsule Neo if it hadn't broken so quickly. The Neo is a little bulkier than this case, but I certainly wasn't bothered by it. That case actually comes with a few extras which are really nice, like the included dock adapter. I was really hesitant to buy another, though, after it broke so quickly and SwitchEasy didn't respond to my emails...so that situation got me looking at cases again.

The protection on both cases is about the same. The Neo offers extra protection with the dock and headphone covers, if you use them. This iSkin case grips a tabletop a little bit better (and sits flat), so that together with the cheaper price point give it an edge for me. I also like the subtle pattern on the back of this case, but that has nothing to do with usability.

Both are great cases and I think folks would be happy with either one...

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Personally I found the Neo after a while to be just too bulky. The advantage the Iskin has is being slimmer and easier to put on and take off.

I also was not 100% comfortable witht he amount of layers the Neo added which obviously traps more heat in the phone and IMO could have a negative effect on signal strength.

Like I said before, I really like the gloss black finish that stays true to the Iphone. Most gloss black cases are hard plastic and they scratch in seconds, this case doesn't seem to scratch and it's nice to have the black shine.

Overall it just feels better in the hand than the Neo or Rebel. I still LOVE my Matte black slider but this case is a nice contrast to the matte color. I will still switch back and forth with my slider however.

I too am a fan of the accent lines on the back of the case, they aren't much but give it a nice touch.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Thanks for both of your inputs. I'm considering this case because I just need a case for shock protection, I have an IS already and somehow there's too many layers that cover the iPhone and like what Ferris said heat is a bad factor for the battery. Do you think this case would fit with IS? I didn't see anyone who posted with one, if there was I apologize, quite in a hurry on my iPhone.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
The case fit with my best skin ever on, but I ended up taking it off because I wanted to use my Slider again and that doesn't work with a skin on.

demiurgical

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
NYC
I'm loving my solo FX. I also got the "breeze" color. At first I thought the mirror screen protector might be a bit hard to see through, but I got used to it and love it. If only it didn't smudge it would be perfect. :D

1cxxq-493308ea966508720bc324cf9ade2ba7.498fb22a-original.jpg

kicko

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2008
I was wondering if anyone has been rocking this case pretty constant and how has the wear and tear been on it? Also if there are any complaints you might have about it. I keep looking at this one from time to time but never pulled the trigger. thanks.

howra16

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2009
Ya know the iSkin Solo FX , say i dropped my iphone in the road, will this case protect it? cuz i dont know whether to get the iSkin Solo FX or the switcheasy Capsule Rebel M, ive got the switcheasy serpent, its really strong and has protected my phone perfectly, but its too.. big n bulky :/

Help ? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.