Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klooney

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2008
Its these kind of errors which tend to mean things are happening. Should be some images on the apple site which start to become misplaced as well etc

I've had this happen multiple times over the past 1.5 months. I have a feeling this won't be a big update....the look will change but as far as functionality I think it will stay the same.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
There's quite a few AppleCare reps. I'd imagine it would leak.

doesnt applecare have to get trained on using the software and that can take awhile and than its released for public? no way its gonna be released today or tomorrow if they just got it :confused: :mad:

Deadeyeshark

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
England
doesnt applecare have to get trained on using the software and that can take awhile and than its released for public? no way its gonna be released today or tomorrow if they just got it :confused: :mad:

iTunes isn't a complex piece of software to use, they will have guides to talk people through it, I wouldn't read too much into that..

20 mins to go...

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011

AppleCare training for something like a new version of OS X is a long process, but iTunes is just one program. Especially in this simplified state it should be easy for them to master. The banner still says Coming In November so I doubt this supposed release to AppleCare will affect our release date.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
It'll likely be out today. Could still be tomorrow, but I'd say today is a strong possibility.

Mikey86uk

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
England

Trained to use iTunes.............Really?.......................Really?...............:eek:

jkauff

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
I've had this happen multiple times over the past 1.5 months. I have a feeling this won't be a big update....the look will change but as far as functionality I think it will stay the same.
One feature I'd love to see is the ability to automatically downsample hi-res ALAC files to the max the attached device supports. The Cirrus Logic chips in the iPhone 5 and the new iPod are rumored to support 24/48. Automatic conversion from FLAC to ALAC would be nice, too.

nxtlukas

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2012
Maybe they just don't want them to wait hours downloading when we are all leeching the update... they should be finished with that in half an hour?!

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
Trained to use iTunes.............Really?.......................Really?...............:eek:

I was just thinking that how hard can it be to use iTunes. Its supposed to be the same like how it is on iOS 6 and that has been out a few months. People should know how to use it already :rolleyes:

Soundflunky

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2012
Even if it is released today, creating imaginary deadlines is only going to lead to disappointment. There's no more of a reason for it to be released at the top of the hour than at seven minutes past it.

Deadeyeshark

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
England
Applecare have a finished version of iTunes, that means it's done and ready to be released into the wild!!! Cheer up peeps, its coming.....

14 mins to go!

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
It says Applecare are getting a prerelease build, not the final. If it were coming out today, they'd be getting the final build.

In this context "pre-release" could simply mean how they are receiving it before it is publicly released.

ck2875

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2009
Brighton
It says Applecare are getting a prerelease build, not the final. If it were coming out today, they'd be getting the final build.

To be fair, it hasn't been released yet, so even the final build would be "pre-release." Don't read too much into the words chosen by bloggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.