Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Takuro

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
My favorite feature is the off-center dock. I approve of this. Jony Ive, get out of the way, there's a new design guru in town.

Sankel

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
I just downgrade my iphone to iOS 6. When downgrading, I saw this. (photoshopped it, because there was no time to take photo)

Looks like iTunes is getting an update

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 179

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
I just downgrade my iphone to iOS 6. When downgrading, I saw this. (photoshopped it, because there was no time to take photo)

Looks like iTunes is getting an update

Well obviously iTunes is getting an update, it's going to be getting, some time in between now and Mavericks release, at a bare minimum iRadio and probably a bundle of other new junk/fixes to go with that..

Seuachi

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2009
A Design Experiment!

I don't think Apple will redesign Mac OSX this way. They are first going to track how the public views iOS 7's design and make the necessary changes along the way. Apple is already doing this with its new seeding program that enables non-developers to get a hold of OSX and iOS 7 with the assurance that they will provide customer feedback. Overall, Apple is in the testing stage with this new "flat design" and iOS 7 is the prototype. Once Apple perfects the look of iOS 7, the developers will slowly incorporate this into OSX. Some features of iOS 7 has already been incorporated in OSX Mavericks. For example, look at the changes made within the Calendar App. The interface resembles the Calendar app seen on iOS 7.

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
Apple should use the same logos in iOS/OSX.
Would make it easier to use.
Was somewhat there with iOS6 but they threw the baby out with the bathwater.

jameslmoser

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
No offense my friend, but I don't drink the Apple Cool-Aid. Even Apple, beleive it or not, can make fatal errors that can eventually take the company down. I'm not saying what they're doing now will, but it is possible if they piss enough people off with their iOS-ification of OSX.

The problem with this theory is that iOS and Mac OS are actually the same OS already and pretty much always have been. I think there was some people at Apple who might have been pushing for more merging of the interfaces, but I think when Windows 8 came out and people's reaction made it very clear that was not the direction people wanted. Mavericks actually seems like a step back from the attempt at merging them. They actually improved multi monitor support, and I don't think we are going to have multiple monitors on our phones any time soon. =)

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2008
A picture can say a thousand words and this does perfectly.

This picture perfectly illustrates how nothing is uniform in iOS and OSX.

It also illustrates how toy based iOS is like. If i loaded up OSX and saw those icons and color pallet, i'd baby puke all over my keyboard. Those tones, shades, the bubble like writing. Where is the professionalism gone?

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
a bit cartoony, but..ANY flat dock would be better than the current dock...

As in the icons or the perspective? Nonetheless, the current dock is fabulous. Hope it doesn't go iOS. Just leave iOS looks on mobile. Don't ruin the OS X look.

Really, did no one here watch the keynote or is everyone just trolling?

----------

According to your signature you don't have any ios products so why do you care? Also, it's not real. The ios interface actually looks good, this pic is an over-exaggeration at best.

Well that's your opinion.

I'd use it. Haters gonna hate.

"SAMSUNG - ANDROID" - Now let's see how many "haters" I piss off by saying those "naughty words." :p

They have too much time.

It takes about a second to hate iOS. Not much time needed. :rolleyes:

ivnj

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2006
Seriously?

• System Pref's
  • Dock
    • "Automatically hide and show the Dock"

I know that but that is annoying watching it go up and down. Would be better to keep it stiff and just hide it as need be like in safari. Auto hide is annoying.

andeify

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
UK
Honestly I really like iOS 7, except for the icons which look far too childish.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
iOS 7 themed mockups of Mac OS X?

I think it's pretty safe to assume that OS X will soon undergo an overhaul to match the design direction of iOS 7.

Perhaps their waiting to refine iOS 7 more before bringing the elements to a notebook or desktop, and surely the OS X team was diluted to bring more muscle to finish iOS 7 in time. Once the full team is back things could start going into faster development.

Are there any mockups you all have seen of what an iOS 7 inspired OS X would look like?

There's always the possibility that Apple will abandon the OS X naming scheme after 10 iterations, and create a powerful iOS to run all their computing systems. iOS 8? iOS 9?

Regardless I'm curious to see what such a mockup would look like. I imagine it'd be pretty damn clean.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I think we will see the look of OS X catch up to iOS, but not for a while. iOS 7 takes full advantage of the retina screen with 1 pixel weight lines and thin fonts. Now that retina screens are pretty much the norm for iOS devices, it's fine. But how long until retina screens are the norm for Macs? I think not for a long time.

portishead

macrumors 65816
Apr 4, 2007
los angeles
I like the flat look for iOS, but not for OSX. Either way, it doesn't matter for a few reasons. 1. in OS X (& iOS) you're not staring at the OS most of the time. You're inside of an application. So it will be up to the programmers to develop the interface for their application. 2. in OS X you can customize your interface, change your icons, background etc. iOS doesn't allow this unless you jailbreak.

It doesn't make sense to have a mobile and computer OS look the same really. They serve totally different purposes. A mobile OS should be simple, easy to use, and you should be able to quickly find/navigate your way around. A regular OS has much more screen real estate, and a keyboard & mouse to work with.

So basically, I like iOS7, but in the end, it makes little difference to me. Functionality, stability, and ease of use is what I want in a mobile OS.

It's fine people have opinions about the icons, but some people have a strange obsession with meaningless criticism.

ResPublica

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
The Apple Maps icon is completely different from the new iOS 7 style. The Book Store icon is more like the iTunes and App Store icon (I don't particularly like those round icons, because they they look similar without their distinctive form). In fact, with the new non-skeuomorphic Calender app, Apple is actually moving back to the more classical OS X style.

os-x-mavericks-highlights-include-apple-maps-for-the-desktop-a-new-version-of-safari-a-revamped-notification-center-with-quick-reply-and-a-brand-new-calendar-app.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.