Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
I'm coming from a g5 to the new mac pro and startup seems a tad slower.
Does anyone else with the same gear have this?

When I start up logic, i see the splash screen first with the plugin infos zipping by then the splash screen disappears and there's like 17 seconds of nothing until the logic screen appears.

but during that time of nothingness if I right click on the logic icon on the dock it says "application not responding" on the top of the right click menu.

this message eventually goes away but always does this.

On my g5 it used to start up pretty quick.

I've reinstalled and get the same results.

is this normal?

also where are all the logic files located so I can do a more thorough reinstall?

dLight

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
I'm coming from a g5 to the new mac pro and startup seems a tad slower.
Does anyone else with the same gear have this?

When I start up logic, i see the splash screen first with the plugin infos zipping by then the splash screen disappears and there's like 17 seconds of nothing until the logic screen appears.

but during that time of nothingness if I right click on the logic icon on the dock it says "application not responding" on the top of the right click menu.

this message eventually goes away but always does this.

On my g5 it used to start up pretty quick.

I've reinstalled and get the same results.

is this normal?

also where are all the logic files located so I can do a more thorough reinstall?

I also got this after I updated to 10.5.2. A reinstall probably won't help... I'd rather wait a week or two and trust that 10.5.3 and/or Logic 8.02 will be released and solve the problem.

Loge

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
England
It's a well known issue with 10.5.2 and Logic 8.0.1. Hopefully it is being worked. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.