Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a MacBook today. Is there any good reason to wait one more month (gonna be my 5th month :eek: )?

Edit: I'll hold it off for another weekend. :D

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
Even if we aren't going to have dedicated grahpics on the new Macbooks, and I don't think we will, isn't there an updated integrated graphics chipset from Intel or something? I could have sworn I had read about that at some point...:confused:

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
just update the darned thing already, ive been waiting to buy a mac for a while now!

Just buy the damned thing and get it over with! There's no reason to wait. That computer will do whatever you need to do for a long time and it won't matter if you buy a Core 2 Duo or not.

walleyealx

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2006
i want to get the most for my money, if i buy one now, and they update it, i will have lost like 400 dollars i couldve had otherwise cuz i couldve bought the refurb one when the new model came out

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
man if they stick a real GPU in the macbook i'd sell my 2.16ghz MBP and buy a new macbook. i love it's form and design. however, i just see them upping the processor and leaving verything else the same like they did with the MBP.

greendragon

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2006
the macbook is like the "bread and butter" for us regular joes. apple should update, or at least, tell us their plans for processer updates.

Optimus Rhyme

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
London, UK
It really is looking like we'll see an update in November some time. No one knows when it will show up, so we should all just continue waiting for it. Just remember guys, if it doesnt show up this Tuesday, theres always next Tuesday, and then next Tuesday after that etc.

If you NEED a computer, buy it. There wont be much of a difference between the CD and the C2D. BUT, if you don't need one right now, just wait.

The only differences I can see if ANY would be the C2D obviously, an 80gig HD, and possibly 1gig of ram. We will not see anything else changed until next year.

yoda13

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2003
Texas
So, I thought I would ask one more time, what does anyone think the chances are of an upgraded intel graphics chipset in the new revision? I still don't think there will be a dedicated graphics card, though that would be great too. Isn't there a new Intel integrated chipset out or something? I am nearly certain that I read that. Or does that need a new logic board so we aren't likely to see it?

mmd

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2006
If you dont care about the update then you have even more of a reason to wait. The c2d's should be out soon and you can save a few hundred by buying the "old" macbooks when they go on sale on the apple website.

Bill Gates

macrumors 68030
Jun 21, 2006
So, I thought I would ask one more time, what does anyone think the chances are of an upgraded intel graphics chipset in the new revision? I still don't think there will be a dedicated graphics card, though that would be great too. Isn't there a new Intel integrated chipset out or something? I am nearly certain that I read that. Or does that need a new logic board so we aren't likely to see it?
It's not going to happen. My prediction is that they'll change the processor and use the existing chipset with the GMA950.

l4t13

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2006
i cant bring myself to buy one until i see the update. plus i need to save cash.

esabourin

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2006
i wouldnt count on a price drop. steve likes his cars

*sorry,,i didn't make it clear,,

if they decide not to put in c2d becasue they want a gap between the mb and the mbp, then i hope there's a pricedrop,, if they put in c2d, then a pricedrop isn't as important..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.