Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pfmoloney

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Dublin Ireland
I have a new Mac studio (Sonoma) replacing a Mac Pro (Monterey) which I need to keep due to its several attached thunderbolt 2 RAID drives.
So the problem is that I can’t connect to the attached drives from the Mac Studio. I get the can’t “connect due to original can’t be found” message. I can see the drives but can’t access contents. I can see and connect to the MacPro’s own SSD and copy from attached RAIDs back to MacStudio. I have relaunched both finders and re started. Any help for this idiot!
Peter

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
To be clear, you have an external RAID attached to the Mac Pro. When you disconnect it and attach it to your Studio, the Studio doesn't recognize it?

pfmoloney

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2013
Dublin Ireland
I should have been more clear…
Mac studio & Mac Pro are on same network (wired) while I can see all drives attached to MacPro I can not access “open” them - except for it’s internal drive from the new MacStudio

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Thank you for clearing that up. I'm just guessing but maybe that drive isn't shared in System Preferences on the Mac Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.