Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kerpow

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
London
MBP (128mb VRAM) refurb is £925, 1.83ghz which I 'd raise to 1.5gb RAM

MB is £850, 2ghz which I'd raise to 2gb.

Graphics is not really a concern though it would be nice to be able to install Windows Vista and use Aero Glass further down the line (which integrated graphics cards will struggle with)

From a general performace point of view would there be much of a difference?

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
I'd go with the MBP (I still can't get over the aluminium finish). It also has a bigger screen, although I WAY prefer the glossy screens of the MB, unless this refurb MBP has a glossy screen?

If you don't need the better graphics, and a bigger screen with a higher resolution, go with the MB. I've got the 2Ghz white model, and its a brilliant computer, no problems whatsoever:)

dextertangocci

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2006
kerpow said:
From a general performace point of view would there be much of a difference?

No. There is hardly any difference between the 1.83Ghz and the 2Ghz processors. And if you are going to upgrade the RAM of the MB to 2GB, and you don't need the dedicated graphics, the MB will perform better.

yellowmunky

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2006
for what purpose will you be using the notebook for?

your uses will give a far better indication on what notebook you need.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I know you're asking about peformance, but FWIW, I find the MB much more comfortable to use (heatwise) than the MBP. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.