Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

feif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Long Island, NY
so ive got my power setting adjusted so that when plugged in, my mbp is never supposed to go into sleep mode, but it does. any ideas on what im doing wrong?

funkychunkz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
feif said:
so ive got my power setting adjusted so that when plugged in, my mbp is never supposed to go into sleep mode, but it does. any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Are you sure it's actually asleep, or the display just dimmed. I'm almost sure that you can adjust both individually.

psychspirit

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2006
How's the battery?

Hm..I'm not sure about the macbooks but try turning it over and checking the battery pulse. It could be all drained out..unless you already have an adaptor plugged in, let it charge for some time. Other than that, try pressing the space bar to wake it up. Or setting your battery perfomance to normal. Hm...not sure if that helped.:(

feif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Long Island, NY
im sure its asleep, it goes offline, tries to close programs, tries to log me out.

all my power setting are to stay on.

funkychunkz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
feif said:
im sure its asleep, it goes offline, tries to close programs, tries to log me out.

all my power setting are to stay on.

It sounds like it's running on battery power and going into sleep before it wipes out completely. It's possible that your wired power is faulty (ie the computer isn't receiving power).

reh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2003
Arkansas
Also, check that you made those "never sleep" settings for the "Power Adapter" section and not "Battery". There's two separate set of rules.

feif

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Long Island, NY
power adaptor:
computer goes to sleep: never
display goes to sleep: 15 mins

is the display going to sleep the reason the whole machine is going to sleep?

reh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2003
Arkansas
feif said:
is the display going to sleep the reason the whole machine is going to sleep?
No, it shouldn't. Does your power adapter appear to operating normally? Maybe try fiddling with the battery power saving preferences and see if those work... perhaps your Mac doesn't know it's plugged in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.