Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Aaon said:
--- The Trackpad. Coming from a Thinkpad, I am so used to the trackpoint "eraserhead" style system. I still love it. But I have found the trackpad to be better than I expected. I keep threatening to plug a mouse into the MBP, but I never do, because I find the trackpad to be reasonably comfortable.

I felt very much the same way...actually, I guess it was something ... one of the few things ... that I'm a dinosaur about? My first laptop had a trackball! :eek: And I still think it was the best I've used. After that, I liked the trackpoint better than any other option... it took me quite a while to get used to a trackpad, and I bought a wireless Apple mouse with my iBook. However, after some tweaking of parameters, I found that I lost interest in using the mouse (it's with my iMac G5 now). And I've been very happy ever since with the trackpad. :)

GannonMt21

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2006
Had My MacBook Pro for a few days. My Thoughts....

Ok...I love this laptop!! No noise as of yet. I unpacked this on May 10. It does get warm on my lap. Not used to it from my G3 iBook but it's not overwhelming. Just gets uncomfortable after prolonged use. If you want to get this resolved without voiding your warranty I have an iLap from Rain Design, Inc. It's beautiful and VERY functional. http://www.raindesigninc.com/ilap it will run you $80 but it's worth it. It's very comfortable on your lap and works great on the desk. Love the velvet cushion. So if you want an alternative to a) whining about it and b) voiding your warranty by opening up your laptop and possibly breaking it. I highly suggest this. ;) Let me know what you think. :D ( I don't represent this company in any way. I just saw the ad for it in MacAddict (they highly recommend it btw) and bought it. No heat problems plus it keeps your laptop cool. My temp widget has never gone above 107 F. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.