Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Maybe this bodes well for Apple releasing their wireless offering soon. MS trying to get the jump on Apple since Bill hates that Jobs gets all the innovator attention.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
My college has a few new mice from MS, one of the glowing red type featured in Apple Pro mice, but not nearly as impressive. The red glow on the new MS mice is more of a translucent smear on the cover of the mouse rather than a glow. (I saw one in person, I know how they look.)

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
Plurals are never written in the dictionary as separate entries. I stand by the fact that "mouses" is generally the preferred term among the computer cognoscenti.

davidc2182

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2001
Sin City
it is 'mice'

And this new scroll wheel Microsloth is coming out with is yet another patent infringement against Apple, doesn't anyone remember the patent discussion a while back where an Apple patent is cited with reports of a revolutionary new type of scroll device incorporated into the mouse?

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Two decades ago we designed the mouse simply as a utilitarian device to help users navigate Microsoft Word," said Matt Barlow, worldwide director of marketing and business development for Microsoft Hardware.

What a load of crud. Microsoft did not come up with the original idea of using a mouse, and they seem to be implying here. They simply incorporated it into their software. The shame of the matter is that very few people are going to try and dispute that, and will just believe that MS invented mice.

Did they invent the GUI too? :rolleyes:

jtown

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2003
Love 'em or hate 'em, I use a M$ wireless intellimouse explorer because it fits my hand better than any other wireless mouse I could find. I have big hands so I like a big mouse. I really wanted to get the MX700 from Logitech but it just didn't feel right in my hand. If it was a $9.99 throwaway, it wouldn't have been a big deal but good wireless mice are expensive.

Ya know, you'd think that they'd provide multiple sizes (or one box with multiple snap-on shells) for the more expensive peripherals. Maybe a "build your own" kit. $10 for a wired kit, $40-50 for a wireless kit. $5/each for the various shells to sit on top of either model.

tazo

macrumors 68040
Originally posted by jtown
Love 'em or hate 'em, I use a M$ wireless intellimouse explorer because it fits my hand better than any other wireless mouse I could find. I have big hands so I like a big mouse. I really wanted to get the MX700 from Logitech but it just didn't feel right in my hand. If it was a $9.99 throwaway, it wouldn't have been a big deal but good wireless mice are expensive.

Ya know, you'd think that they'd provide multiple sizes (or one box with multiple snap-on shells) for the more expensive peripherals. Maybe a "build your own" kit. $10 for a wired kit, $40-50 for a wireless kit. $5/each for the various shells to sit on top of either model.

I agree MS mice fit 'just right'; to answer the other part of your post, I bought the cheapest wireless mouse on the planet; a microsoft wireless optical mouse from costco for $30. good battery life, fits comfortably, looks cool [blue and silver] and works from like 6 feet away so i can take pix with my webcam :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.