Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dave_r_lee@mac.com

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2001
Manchester, UK.
How about this, could the new thingy be a new Mobile Phone? Think of how cool an Apple Mobile would be! mp3 player, organiser, airport, VIDEO????

If they did bring one out, would you get one? I think so!!!

Traveler

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2001
DC
My Sanyo works just fine

I'm not saying it's impossible... but there's no way. Apple isn't that dumb... which is what you would have to be to jump on the cell-phone-plus-pda-in-one-device bandwagon at this time. That market is already saturated. Plus where's the marketing tie in with the rest of apple's lineup? More importantly, with the exception of bluetooth, there don't appear to be any exciting new technologies developing in the mobile phone sector that would warrant Apple trying to release something truly new and different. The only way I could see this happening is if apple has somehow rethought the physical design of the device in such a way as to be new and refreshing and with enough potential to change the standards we have come to accept today... Though not impossible, as I said before, I just don't think the technology to really make that happen is available yet.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
I agree

The market is full. everyone that really needs to be or thinks they need to be connected all ready bought one. I mean... I am a Mac head and have to tell my self not to buy to many Apple products in frear of not eating but unfortunaly for Apple... this is not true for all people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.