Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
Was an early Helium adopter...and didn't like the gray color, slippery finish and overall look of it at all. Sold it on Craigslist...and lost $20. Oh well...

Went to a Supercross race in St. Louis that I had to report to the website I work for, and although charged to 100% before I left for the stadium...after multiple emails, and crappy WiFi service...my iPhone 5 battery died before the main event. The result was me rushing in a taxi across town to my hotel to charge the phone...and rushing back just in time for the main. To say I was stressed out of my freaking mind is an understatement!!! :eek:

Soooo...just ordered a black Mophie Juice Pack Air for my iPhone 5. By God, that won't happen again!!

I'll be flying to Houston, TX in a couple of weeks to report there again...so the Air will get a baptism under fire!!!

Steevie

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2012
Im sorry but for me that headphone cable is a dealbreaker. Sick of carrying extra accessories/gadgets

matneh

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2008
Im sorry but for me that headphone cable is a dealbreaker. Sick of carrying extra accessories/gadgets

I agree, but unfortunately this is going to be a problem with all iPhone 5 battery cases because the lightning connector and headphone jack are both on the bottom. Hopefully Apple will put the headphone jack back on the top in the next revision ;)

What I did was just leave the adapter on my headphones, so it essentially becomes part of my headphones instead of being an extra piece that can get lost.

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
What city are you in because I've been looking around Houston and have not found any?

Los Angeles, specifically the BB in Santa Clarita, 91355. I was actually surprised to have seen the Air and actually I don't think the staff realized they were not Helium's. They were hanging off the "Helium - Black" peg which showed a price of $79.99. I almost bought one and insisted on the $79 price since that is what was marked but I don't want a Black Air.

M Powered

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Just got the Air, from Best Buy in woodland Hills, CA.

They have about 10-15 of them possibly more behind the counter.

long86

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
I just bought one at the Best Buy in The Woodlands. They had like 4 left.

The one on Lake Woodlands? Funny, cause I called and they said they didn't have any. Was it on display? I may just stop in and check.

custom875

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
The one on Lake Woodlands? Funny, cause I called and they said they didn't have any. Was it on display? I may just stop in and check.

Yea, the one right by the mall. It was next to all the other cases on display, didn't see any Heliums (although I wasn't looking for them) but they had 4 black airs left.

long86

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
Yea, the one right by the mall. It was next to all the other cases on display, didn't see any Heliums (although I wasn't looking for them) but they had 4 black airs left.

Thanks for the tip. Mission accomplished. I guess the people on the phone didn't even check the shelves. First impressions... Perfect fit no budge unlike the helium. You can feel that it's a bit wider than the helium but height and thickness are neglible. The power switch is very solid also, no wiggle unlike the first helium I received. This one is a keeper.

custom875

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
Thanks for the tip. Mission accomplished. I guess the people on the phone didn't even check the shelves. First impressions... Perfect fit no budge unlike the helium. You can feel that it's a bit wider than the helium but height and thickness are neglible. The power switch is very solid also, no wiggle unlike the first helium I received. This one is a keeper.

Yup, I just sent my Helium back today. The integrated buttons alone are worth it to me. Happy with this one.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
Since Apples not going to increase display size, I have no interest in a 5S.

That extra time will allow me to get the full value out of my Mophie Air on my iP5. It's a great solution to the marginal battery life of the stock battery.

Perhaps in 2015 Apple will start innovating again. Or not :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.