Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

beloved84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
is that suppose to happen when you first charge your ipod? i just plugged it into my MACBOOK and the NANO IPOD is not responding..

beloved84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
its been over 30 mins now and it still a blank screen... should i just take it back?

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
If you know that your USB port on your MacBook is good, I'd probably take the iPod back. Even if it does start working, I never like to have funky hardware. It seems like those "strange" occurrences never stop

beloved84

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 1, 2006
thanks. i bought this thing about one month ago and i just finally opened it. do you think they'll exchange it?

Berg835

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2006
Long Island, NY
i am having the same problem w/ my new nano. i've charged it for over 30 minutes and it won't turn on or show any signs of life. is returning it the only solution??? thanks for the help

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Try resetting the iPod, flick the hold switch on and off then hold down Menu and the middle button for about 6 seconds till the Apple logo appears on the screen.

If that doesn't work, go to the Apple support site and try the five R's.

tjcampbell

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2006
Vancouver
my solution

I bought a refurb nano and had the same problem. UNPLUG the Nano at the bottom, then UNPLUG the USB 2.0 from your computer. Reattach the cord to the bottom of the Nano and then to the computer. Give it two seconds and it the lovely lil' colour screen should come to life. If it does not work then try it again. This worked for me.

Cheers,
t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.