Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spookybathtub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
iPhoto correctly downloads all the new pictures from Photo Stream, but the new Photos app does not.

On my computer, with OS X 10.10.5, in Sys Prefs > iCloud > Photos, I have enabled "My Photo Stream". In I also enabled "My Photo Stream" in the Photos app prefs.
On my phone, with iOS 9.0.2, under Settings > iCloud > Photos, I have enabled "My Photo Stream".

That should be it, right?

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
I have issue with that also. I found somewhere someone said to open activity monitor and search for Photos and kill off Photos Agent. And the new photos should show up within a minute or so. The place I found this said to close the photos app but I have had better results just leaving the photos app open when I do it.

Reactions: spookybathtub

spookybathtub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
I have issue with that also. I found somewhere someone said to open activity monitor and search for Photos and kill off Photos Agent. And the new photos should show up within a minute or so. The place I found this said to close the photos app but I have had better results just leaving the photos app open when I do it.
Perfect, that solved it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.