New PowerBook Problems....??? (AP and Audio)

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by EJBasile, Sep 1, 2005.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    Well after my computer's sleeping problems and sleep light issues my 12" PowerBook has a Logic Board problem.

Recently I have noticed my airport signal is always at 5 bars, even if I'm not in WiFi area where I used to get two bars (this is in my house- same wireless router as before, and other houses in my neighborhood are not like right next to my house.

Just now, I tried to mute my audio using the button on the keyboard. I pressed it and the mute symbol things shows up on my screen like normal, But the music does not stop playing. I try using the volume down buttons but that does nothing. If I press the volume up buttons it does get louder- but only when you are 4 bars from full volume. If I turn up the volume all the way, it is at the same volume as it was at -4 bars.

Is this another logic board related problem? Or is this a sound card problem? Let me restart and see what happens.
  2. YoYoMac macrumors regular

Dec 22, 2004
    Chattanooga, TN
    That's a real bummer. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I know that Apple will take care of you if you call them for assistance.