Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EJBasile

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
Well after my computer's sleeping problems and sleep light issues my 12" PowerBook has a Logic Board problem.

Recently I have noticed my airport signal is always at 5 bars, even if I'm not in WiFi area where I used to get two bars (this is in my house- same wireless router as before, and other houses in my neighborhood are not like right next to my house.

Just now, I tried to mute my audio using the button on the keyboard. I pressed it and the mute symbol things shows up on my screen like normal, But the music does not stop playing. I try using the volume down buttons but that does nothing. If I press the volume up buttons it does get louder- but only when you are 4 bars from full volume. If I turn up the volume all the way, it is at the same volume as it was at -4 bars.

Is this another logic board related problem? Or is this a sound card problem? Let me restart and see what happens.

YoYoMac

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2004
Chattanooga, TN
That's a real bummer. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. I know that Apple will take care of you if you call them for assistance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.