Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Yeah, we've known about it for a while, no iTunes on it though, just some stupid radio service called (surprise, surprise) iRadio. Streaming radio to your phone that you have to pay for, yuck.

Looks like iTunes is going to be an inclusion on the higher end phones, the V3, the L7 and the E1 if they keep making it.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The E2 is one of the Moto Lunix phones, so it's no surprise that iTunes is absent. People are reading too much into this, they have been splitting their product line like that for a while now.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
iMeowbot said:
The E2 is one of the Moto Lunix phones

What does this mean, exactly? So I know that people have speculated that some future RAZR-related phones might have iTunes and that this phone might not. But I googled "motorola lunix" and didn't really see anything informative. The only LUnix I seemed to turn up were Unix implementations for the C64 architecture...which doesn't seem relevant.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
Lunix is a term of endearment for Linux in some circles. Some Moto phones like the E2 run it, others run proprietary Moto operating systems.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The iTunes logo is specifically this thingy
ImageAgentProxy
. A pair of eighth notes alone is hundreds of years old and not something that Apple can claim.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The one that really pushes it is the new little music icon that MS added to Vista. Steve should smack Bill with a rubber chicken for that.

Attachments

• icon_cd_notes.gif
    icon_cd_notes.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 239

Epicurus

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
iMeowbot said:
The one that really pushes it is the new little music icon that MS added to Vista. Steve should smack Bill with a rubber chicken for that.

That's just ridiculous. Microsoft has no shame whatsoever. :rolleyes:

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
rendezvouscp said:
As for the phone, I'm glad it's shipping with Opera. Have Moto phones always shipped with Opera?
That was a three year deal announced this past July.

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
iMeowbot said:
What is wrong with a real chicken? :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.