Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eMac4ever

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
They're almost identical to Apple's switcher advertisements.

• The background is completely white.
• They have music playing in the background, which is sort of similar to the switcher music.
• At the end, they say, "I'm (insert name), and I (forget what they said)."

Okay, I'm horrid at describing it, but if you saw it you would recognize it immediately.

I hope this hasn't been posted before.

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
My initial reaction was also that they were Appleish -- can't find 'em on the web, though.

The song in one of the ads is "There Goes the Sun" by The Pernice Brothers. Song is off their 2005 Discover a Lovelier You.

They have a 2006 release (Live a Little) forthcoming on October 3rd -- I'm kinda hoping it does something to salvage 2006.

Oh. And Sears. We bought a lemon washing machine from them recently that caused quite a flood in our basement. They replaced our washing machine (great) with a washing machine with fewer amenities and wouldn't refund us the price difference because, apparently, they regularly sell the two different products at the same price. Good, honest, salesmanship, Sears.

We're done with them.

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
I don't even like to buy craftsman tools anymore, just because Sears sells them. I go with Snap-on, or *gasp* matco before i'll go to Sears!

Z

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I used t work at Sears and it was a cool place to be, But you could see the decline starting. Blame it one the Walmart affect or whatever you want but the bottom line is that the products are poorly made and they skimped on the Craftsman tools to a point where they break often. After the Buy out by Kmart it has only gotten worse. What was once a great name in Dept stores has gotten no better then Target or Walmart.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
This isn't surprising. They've been on the pill for years and haven't given birth to a fresh idea for as long. Our experiences with them have not been good.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
This is very worrying to hear. I say this because we just gave them about $7,000 for all of our new kitchen appliances. :eek: :(

AvSRoCkCO1067

macrumors 65816
Sep 6, 2005
CO
MacNut said:
I used t work at Sears and it was a cool place to be, But you could see the decline starting. Blame it one the Walmart affect or whatever you want but the bottom line is that the products are poorly made and they skimped on the Craftsman tools to a point where they break often. After the Buy out by Kmart it has only gotten worse. What was once a great name in Dept stores has gotten no better then Target or Walmart.

I worked at Sears too - I wasn't a fan of the warranties, but generally Sears was fairly competitive price-wise and the salespeople at my store knew more than those at Circuit City or whatever.

With the internet, though, I don't understand why anyone would go into a store to buy anything...!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.