Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaz8

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2007
So I guess thats 4 weeks for stock config.

6-8 wks for BTO. At least it sounds like when your status finally changes it goes fast.

I've read 3 days after funds are captured status should change. Granted my CC wasn't charged for the Promise r4 till it was already in the mail after a 2.5 week wait.

Week 6 Monday.

Tim Allen

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
I hesitated to long and didn't pull the trigger till the 30th of December. Have a feeling mine might slip to March :(

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Hmm, anyone has any idea why in DHL tracking, it states the origin service area as Singapore? I'm in Malaysia btw, but I thought it's supposed to be USA? :confused:

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Maybe that's where DHL picked it up?

Yeah, I guessed. But I thought Apple will ship from the US? Or probably they have bulk shipped it on a earlier date and only update the status on the Apple site as shipped on a later time?

Jupeman

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
I'm happy for those getting cc's billed and whatnot. I'm a 12/20 order and still no credit card hit or update. :(

(6 core, D700, 1TB)

Reno Richter

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
I'm happy for those getting cc's billed and whatnot. I'm a 12/20 order and still no credit card hit or update. :(

(6 core, D700, 1TB)

Jupeman don't feel bad. I am a 12/20 order and come tomorrow it will be 7 days since Apple authorized my card and nothing else. I assume the factory will be closed tomorrow for President's Day. If so, then the next round of changes to anybody's order probably won't come until Tuesday.

macpro2000

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2005
Woo hoo! My status just changed to shipped. Need to wait 24 hours to track it. Yippie! :D:cool:

Oh for those wondering, I ordered the stock base nMP on 10th Jan 14.

What I'm guessing is some of the nMP components doesn't arrive on time because of yield rate or some other complications hence why it's taking longer. Have patience guys, and sorry to hear those with paypal complications :(

Why in the world are people waiting on Apple for stock configs when they are readily avail at resellers?

Bones13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
My CTO was ordered mid afternoon 12/19 ( it said delivering in February at that point). I got a shipment notice yesterday, arriving 2/19, so 2 months straight up.

I had ordered it as a birthday present once it became apparent that it would not be a Christmas present. Arriving on my birthday, so I'm pumped.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
I got another "status update" with no concrete information. Heh.

We'd like to give you another update on the status of your Mac Pro order.

Your Mac Pro is still scheduled to ship in February. We'll send you an email notification with the delivery date and tracking information once it's on its way.

For the most up-to-date delivery information, visit Order Status on the Apple Online Store. If you have an iOS device, you can check your order status using the Apple Store app for iPad or iPhone.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting the new Mac Pro to you as soon as possible.

Jupeman

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2008
I got another "status update" with no concrete information. Heh.

I just got the same:

"We'd like to give you another update on the status of your Mac Pro order.

Your Mac Pro is still scheduled to ship in February. We'll send you an email notification with the delivery date and tracking information once it’s on its way.

For the most up-to-date delivery information, visit Order Status on the Apple Online Store. If you have an iOS device, you can check your order status using the Apple Store app for iPad or iPhone.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting the new Mac Pro to you as soon as possible.

The Apple Online Store"

Reno Richter

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
2 Notices about 2 weeks apart.

2 key statements

1.) "Your Mac Pro is still scheduled to ship in February" (the key word still)
2.) "We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting the new Mac Pro to you as soon as possible." (the key words are as soon as possible).

Both taken together with a second notice from Apple, leaves the impression there are unforeseen delays.

But I go back to the Forbes article published on the evening of December 19th, to stay grounded, which has the following in the article...

"Demand for the all new Mac Pro is great and it will take time before supply catches up with demand,” an Apple spokesman said today."

Full article is here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/connieg...r-will-have-to-wait-until-february-or-longer/

Bones13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
"We'd like to give you another update on the status of your Mac Pro order.

Your Mac Pro is still scheduled to ship in February. We'll send you an email notification with the delivery date and tracking information once it’s on its way.

The Apple Online Store"

I got this today too, and my nMP shipped on 2/15! Unfortunately tracking is not working, even when clicked from the apple site itself. I'm paranoid that it did not indeed ship, but im willing to take their word at this point. I might slow down the cleanup of my current oMP. The USB on my 3,1 is getting so buggy, if the nMP had not come out, I would have had to do something else.

Reno Richter

macrumors member
May 31, 2012
Ooops, the pre-authorization of credit card just dropped off late this morning. Don't know if Apple withdrew it or the bank has a limit on the number of days they can reserve funds. (pre-authorization occurred on the 11th)
Still lists as available to ship in February.

csmmac

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2014
Preparing for Shipment

Ordered 12/20 (max specs)
Update note last week
CC authorization last week
Update note again yesterday
Switched to "Preparing for Shipment" in the past 2 hours or so...

/cheer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.