Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
hi all, just switched!!!.... i downloaded toast titanium and it came in an .exe file!!! I thought toast was only for Mac? Am I correct? how do i install this file???

As I have just switched, I don't really want to spend $100 on a program yet... although I do prefer original version of products with the box and instruction manual and stuff... Like the way I prefer to buy cd's than download them...

But that's just me.

I want to check out this program first though. I've heard it's great. I downloaded this file on Kazaa on my PeeCee. It's probably faulty... does anyone have any idea where I can check out this program??

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Re: new switcher

Originally posted by iChan
hi all, just switched!!!.... i downloaded toast titanium and it came in an .exe file!!! I thought toast was only for Mac? Am I correct? how do i install this file???

As I have just switched, I don't really want to spend $100 on a program yet... although I do prefer original version of products with the box and instruction manual and stuff... Like the way I prefer to buy cd's than download them...

But that's just me.

I want to check out this program first though. I've heard it's great. I downloaded this file on Kazaa on my PeeCee. It's probably faulty... does anyone have any idea where I can check out this program??

on the contrary, toast titanium, i believe, is also PC software; they just retracted it because it has an odd tendency to really mess up windows computers.

you are not allowed to discuss warez on this forum; sorry, you shouldn't have mentioned that you downloaded it.

iChan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2003
Dublin, Ireland.
thanx

Ok, thanks. I won't talk about it anymore here... appreciate it

btw, the 12" PB is an absolute dream to use!!! so fast... i got mine maxed out... I'm waiting on my broadband connection before I invest in an airport... I can't wait... this apple is the best computer that i have ever had... I love apple.... Really only 'got into' apple a few months ago... now I hardly go to PC websites anymore... I've also read 'The second coming of Steve jobs'. what a legend... APPLE ROCKS!!!!!

iPOD rocks too!!! It just works...

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Re: however

i'm almost sure it is the mac version. any idea where i can download it???

EXE's cannot and never will work on a mac. it is the product of compiling code on an x86 platform with DOS/windows, and will never work on a PPC with mac or linux.

you can, however, get toast here.

it's the first thing that came up on google.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by MrMacman
Yeah in this fourm we can talk about P2P software but never say how we are using it.

Where to get P2P software - Good
Using it. - What are you, evil?

george bush would say--napster, limewire, kazaa--the axis of evil!

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
not everyone uses p2p to pirate and commit crimes. Some bands do endorse downloading of thier music. I am firmly against pirating software especially for the mac. I mean if your gonna pay the mac tax for your hardware you shoudl be able to afford the software you need. Or if your gonna pirate something atelast be quite about it. Don't ask why your .exe file doesn't work.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by Kwyjibo
not everyone uses p2p to pirate and commit crimes. Some bands do endorse downloading of thier music. I am firmly against pirating software especially for the mac. I mean if your gonna pay the mac tax for your hardware you shoudl be able to afford the software you need. Or if your gonna pirate something atelast be quite about it. Don't ask why your .exe file doesn't work.

you're right. we aren't condemning limewire in the slightest. i was just making a joke :)

if limewire were clearly only for illegal activity, we probably wouldn't be allowed to talk about it either.

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Re: thanx

Ok, thanks. I won't talk about it anymore here... appreciate it

btw, the 12" PB is an absolute dream to use!!! so fast... i got mine maxed out... I'm waiting on my broadband connection before I invest in an airport... I can't wait... this apple is the best computer that i have ever had... I love apple.... Really only 'got into' apple a few months ago... now I hardly go to PC websites anymore... I've also read 'The second coming of Steve jobs'. what a legend... APPLE ROCKS!!!!!

iPOD rocks too!!! It just works...

thanks man. sorry i reprimanded again after this post, i didn't see you had responded. good luck with your powerbook, i can't say i envy you, but i am very happy for you! they looked very sweet in the store. i would invest in a wireless network ASAP if i were you. you can get a wireless broadband router for about 60$ these days... i have a netgear one, and it works great. i wouldn't be so fast to get apple's, unless you have plenty of cash and you really like how it looks. did your 12 inch come with an airport card?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.