Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
powermac666 said:
C'mon Apple, you can top this!

They already did. They didn't release it. I say that's better than making the ugly useless peice of junk. Its too small to be used as a real computer, and too big to be a PDA. Its probably super expensive and underpowered. Its a niche market for those things, and one apple is probably very smart to avoid.

cubist

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2002
Muncie, Indiana
Strider's right, and besides, the whole tablet PC thing is a major flop - even worse than the first tablet craze. Clearly a market to stay away from.

stoid

macrumors 601
My favorite thing is that it looks like the guy was playing MineSweeper! :rolleyes:

Between that and solitaire, you've got the only two real uses of that machine.

It's too small for any serious work, and too big to be a take-with-you-everywhere device.

homerjward

macrumors 68030
May 11, 2004
fig tree
sounds like a cheap ripoff of the oqo which imo is awesome. but about this thing--i mean a portrait screen?...not even rotatable from the looks of it.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
without the keyboard the thing might be nice, especially if it was a stripped down and optimized OS, addition external keyboard

but definitely ugly and stupid in this incarnation

James Philp

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2005
Oxford/London
My Tungsten T3 beats that, and that works great with my Mac (until you try hotsyncing to mutiple Macs though)
The I can understand a laptop with a flipable screen for tablet work, but that device looks rubbish (IMO)!
I do think Apple should bring out a PowerBook version with a flipable touch-sensitive screen and stylus - would that be too difficult?

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
powermac666 said:
C'mon Apple, you can top this!
This product looks focused on the Japanese market. So many businessmen commute by train every day. Using a laptop on the train is a definite no go -- especially during rush hour. This device, while big, could be very handy for someone who stands most of the time while commuting via train and wants to do work.

Sushi

Applespider

macrumors G4
I know several people who'd buy something like that including me (if it didn't run Windows). I'd use it on the way to and from work (I have a 45-60 minute commute each way) to read e-books (if there was a decent place to get them) and go online - I might actually get the full benefit of my wifi subscription every month. It's about the size of a paperback which is what I carry around every day anyhow

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.