Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Maybe for iPS7, they should change the way they do upgrades. Like, let's say next year in the spring Apple decides to introduce a lot of changes, but some people don't want all the changes Apple introduces. Under the current system, they would have three options: they could live with the changes they don't want, keep using their device(s), or get a non-iOS device.

It would be nice if those people could simply deselect all the changes they don't want.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Choice is good. But too many choices hinders progress. The OS will very soon become an inoperable and unmanageable mess under this model, because 3rd party developers will be having a hard time exhaustively covering all the possibilities, Apple developers will have more work to do to make different options compatible and may introduce more security flaws.

beaniemyman

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
Choice is good. But too many choices hinders progress. The OS will very soon become an inoperable and unmanageable mess under this model, because 3rd party developers will be having a hard time exhaustively covering all the possibilities, Apple developers will have more work to do to make different options compatible and may introduce more security flaws.

yep, too many choices may make it slow and less secure.

ppeyton1143

macrumors member
May 19, 2013
nice idea
there are many things in ios6 that don't want on my phone, i wish iOS7 brings this feature.

Sonnestah

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2013
Thats not how it works. Some changes depends on other changes.

It would end up breaking

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I like using TinkerTool on all of my Macs. It's never caused me any problems (besides the fact that .dmg files with the "drag from here to here" background images don't look correct because I have it set to show all hidden files.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.