New Videos Depict 'Champagne' and 'Graphite' iPhone 5S Casings

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 29, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Two new videos published today give a detailed look at the casings of the "champagne" colored iPhone 5S and the "graphite" 5S, which first showed up in photos earlier this week.

While there has been a non-stop stream of images and videos depicting the gold iPhone 5S, a video from TLD offers a good overview of both the casing and the structural differences between the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5.

When side-by-side, the graphite iPhone 5S is noticeably lighter in color than the existing black and slate iPhone 5, but as 9to5Mac points out, initial versions of the slate iPhone 5 were lighter in color as well. This suggests that the graphite iPhone 5S color variation may just be an early prototype rather than a new color that Apple plans to introduce.

The iPhone 5S will retain the same form factor as the iPhone 5, but it will include a number of upgrades including the aforementioned dual-LED flash, an improved processor, and a fingerprint sensor. It is also rumored to offer a better camera and new picture taking modes.

Apple is expected to debut the iPhone 5S and the low-cost iPhone 5C at an iPhone event that will take place on September 10, with the phones shipping on September 20.

Article Link: New Videos Depict 'Champagne' and 'Graphite' iPhone 5S Casings

2. macrumors 603

Michaelgtrusa

This will be a top seller next month.

3. macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

Oh Joy. It's our daily Champagne iPhone update.

4. macrumors 68020

Metalics for 5s, Groovy colors for 5c. I smell a Samsung commercial poking fun at Apple fans "It comes in Red... wow"

5. macrumors 65816

Nice. It does seem like a 10% better battery fits in there. Plus improvements on energy i hope to see 15-20% better battery life:).

Still hope the fingerprint sensor and slowmotion filming come true as well though.

6. macrumors newbie

Graphite looks nice. Better than slate, IMO.

Still sticking with a green iPhone 5C for my next-- IF it has a black front. :eek:

7. macrumors 68020

teknikal90

i thought i'd like the look of granite.
    but i still think the white looks the best out of all of them..

8. macrumors member

Cohiba

lmao :d:)

9. macrumors 6502

tbrand7

Wow Tim. Just wow.

Attached Files:

10. macrumors G5

Rogifan

First they'd have to poke fun at every other phone manufacturer that offers colors....but that would include themselves. :p

11. macrumors 6502a

Looooove the Graphite iPhone 5S. Totally want that color.

12. macrumors member

The videos make the champagne color much more appealing. I think the graphite is what I will be getting though.

I am MOST interested in the iPad 5th Gen. back
    image.jpg

Yet again, the Apple logo is transparent.
    Either this is fake or the Apple is going to light up.

(Source: SonnyDickson.com)
    There are other photos as well.

13. macrumors 68030

mdelvecchio

graphite for the win!

14. macrumors 6502

chumawumba

I WANT A NEW IOS 7 BETA NOW!!!!

Oops wrong thread.

15. macrumors 68030

macs4nw

The way that guy in the second video was going at that package with that rather large knife…..good thing it was only a shell.

16. macrumors 6502

chumawumba

First slate, then granite. Is apple entering the tabletop industry?

17. macrumors 65816

Hmm, graphite might be an improvement on slate..

18. macrumors 65816

They seriously need to make the back all one color. Maybe with the iPhone 6.

19. macrumors 68030

mdelvecchio

its not transparent. what youre seeing are reflections based on viewing angles.

20. macrumors regular

thisisdallas

It's really not possible to mass produce such sought after products and expect there to be no leaks. No matter how many times Tim doubles down on secrecy, there will still be some lowly Chinese chain worker eager to sell off a few of the new iPhones to eager tech bloggers.

21. macrumors 68020

Squilly

I still don't see them using the white border with the gold iPhone. You'd think it would be a light yellow/gold tone.

22. macrumors 6502a

malnar

It's not transparent. The aluminum is polished there and therefore reflective. In that shot, the back is still covered by protective plastic, dulling reflections.

----------

Have there been any leaks of the slate back for the 5S? I'm starting to wonder if this graphite back is not a fourth color option but a replacement for slate instead. It just seems strange to me to have two very similar color options.

23. macrumors 6502a

Damn damn damn, I'll take that graphite iPhone please! Way more appealing than white!

24. macrumors member

richeyty

I cant wait to see what apple will do....especially since we have no idea what they're planning

25. macrumors regular

This is a good tutorial on how not to open a delicate package with a giant knife.