Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chambord

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2012
Hi all,

I'm going to NYC next week (I know, what horrible timing, Sandy, and then the snow storm...). How is it there now? I know the places I will be going all have electricity back, and everything I'm supposed to do is still going on. But how is the city itself? Are cabs running? I know the L train is down, which sucks because I wanted to goto Sea (thai restaurant) in Brooklyn, because they have the worlds best thai basil chicken :). Are restaurants super crowded? And how is it with this storm? Snow piled up? Snow at all? Super cold?

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
You wont notice anything happened at all, if you stay in Manhattan. You still wont notice much in the majority of the outer boroughs, with the exception of Staten Island and the beaches of Queens and Brooklyn. Also, the L is back up, and you don't even have to go to Williamsburg for SEA– there is one in the Meatpacking District on Washington and 12th street, right across from the Standard Grill.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.