New York status?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chambord, Nov 7, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Hi all,

I'm going to NYC next week (I know, what horrible timing, Sandy, and then the snow storm...). How is it there now? I know the places I will be going all have electricity back, and everything I'm supposed to do is still going on. But how is the city itself? Are cabs running? I know the L train is down, which sucks because I wanted to goto Sea (thai restaurant) in Brooklyn, because they have the worlds best thai basil chicken :). Are restaurants super crowded? And how is it with this storm? Snow piled up? Snow at all? Super cold?

2. thread starter macrumors member

3. macrumors 603

Go... it'll be fine. The restaurants need your business. Cabs are running....

I have relatives there, and have been getting updates.

4. macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
  5. macrumors 65816

Hummer

You wont notice anything happened at all, if you stay in Manhattan. You still wont notice much in the majority of the outer boroughs, with the exception of Staten Island and the beaches of Queens and Brooklyn. Also, the L is back up, and you don't even have to go to Williamsburg for SEA– there is one in the Meatpacking District on Washington and 12th street, right across from the Standard Grill.