Newbie Mac User Need Tablet Help

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Nutcore, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Nutcore macrumors newbie

Sep 14, 2003
    I have just purchased the newley upgraded edition 17 inch powerbook. I intend to use it for alot of adobe related graphic design projects, so I was looking into buying a Tablet. I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on what the best type of tablet would be under 300 dollars, if maybe theres a particular brand that works better with mac's or such.
  2. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    In a Mauve Dream
    Wacom Tablets Rule

I own a Graphire 2 and have beel very happy with it. I paid around 100 dolalrs a year ago. They have more robust models, but I have found that for Photoshop/Illustartor work it is more tahn adequate. Look it up on their website.
  3. advres Guest

Oct 3, 2003
    the graphire is nice but if you plan on using it a lot i would suggest going a little bigger than that model. Wacom has many different tablets for a wide arrange of prices. go to dealtime for a good selection at different stores.

read stores feedback and reviews. some of stores aren't very good but you can sertainly find better prices than in a retail location.