Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Argelius

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 16, 2005
I am a one-day old Mac newbie (I switched!) and have a question regarding Apple's ability (hopefully not lack of ability) to work on a Novell network.

I don't speak Networkeeze, so pardon the vagueness and imprecision of my question.

I work at a hospital that used Novell as its network client. Solely for the purposes of gaining internet access, I am going to contact the folks in IS/IT to assist me. Sinnce they aren't accustomed to supporting Macs, I wanted to do a little research so I can "assist" them with what I am sure is a very scary request.

I assume I need to download (?) a Mac version of the Novell client software (I am really talking out of my as* at this point ...)

Fortunately I have a good relationship with the IT department, so I am pretty sure they'll be willing to help me.

Thanks!

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Argelius said:
I am a one-day old Mac newbie (I switched!) and have a question regarding Apple's ability (hopefully not lack of ability) to work on a Novell network.

I don't speak Networkeeze, so pardon the vagueness and imprecision of my question.

I work at a hospital that used Novell as its network client. Solely for the purposes of gaining internet access, I am going to contact the folks in IS/IT to assist me. Sinnce they aren't accustomed to supporting Macs, I wanted to do a little research so I can "assist" them with what I am sure is a very scary request.

I assume I need to download (?) a Mac version of the Novell client software (I am really talking out of my as* at this point ...)

Fortunately I have a good relationship with the IT department, so I am pretty sure they'll be willing to help me.

Thanks!
This is what you need. However, it is not compatible with MacOS X 10.4 (Tiger). Prosoft promises a paid upgrade in 3-4 months.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.