Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alxxx007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2008
CA
So I have absolutely no experience in any kind of programing whatsoever...Does anybody have any suggestions for working with xcode, any tutorial links/book suggestions/web sites/etc, and any suggestions of what type of language to learn first. I just want to start learning some basics. I've always been interested in programing and I'll probably be taking some classes this next semester, but I want to have a bit of background knowledge before i start a class.

Thanks for any advice that you can give to a poor sole such as myself. Anything will help! :rolleyes:

MBP 15'', ipod shuffle, ipod classic

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha aixxx007,

I will second the Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X book. I learned some Assembly, VB, and C++ while at college, but since my switch to the Mac in 2006, have really wanted to learn to code using Objective-C and Xcode. I purchased the latest version of that book (3rd edition), and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone with the desired to code for the Mac. I would advise using Apple's documentation to learn about Objective-C first, or maybe purchasing a book on Objective-C, as that will speed your progress through the Cocoa Programming book. Either way, it's a small price to pay for some outstanding reference material.

HawaiiMacAddict

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.