Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ColdShadow

Cancelled
Sep 25, 2013
Gold should remain for iPhone only.
gold is the best color option for iPhone 5s no question,but gold iPad would be stupid.
and iMac? it looks PERFECT already,they should never change the color of the iMac.:apple:

Bare

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
I'm so happy they ditched that generic looking,ugly so called slate-black color for iPhones and now iPads..I think that was the ugliest color (among black Mac Books) Apple ever used.it just looked plain black and cheap in most angels on iPad Minis and iPhone 5s..

this Space Grey looks 1000x better than Slate Black.
but I still think that Silver + black logo is the best design for all iPads.
False. Matte Black (Slate) is awesome. They use one of these iPad minis in a Bose commercial and I'm just thinking, man that's sexy.

coolspot18

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2010
Canada
what are you talking about? ipad already supports a host of external keyboards.

Most are bluetooth which means charging two devices. I was thinking more along the lines of the Asus Transformer with an official docking attachment that has ports and slots.

----------

Neat, didn't know Apple had an official dock, but doesn't seem rotatable.

But no, I was thinking more along the lines of the Asus Transformer - it provides slots and USB ports. Basically transforming the tablet into a light notebook.

So yes, something like that dock above, but repackaged for mobile travel and throw in a couple ports/slots then the iPad becomes a serious productivity machine.

calaverasgrande

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2010
Brooklyn, New York.
I was hoping for a gold iPad with an SD port :mad:
I'll probably go postal if they make a gold ipad, I hate that champagne color so much. But I've been wanting an SD slot on ipads since they came out.
The exclusion makes sense for the way the have segmented the performance of the devices around capacity. But they should really look into giving us different speeds too like the Macs instead.
Then just surrender on the bloody SD/microSD.
Besides, all the major carriers are terming out unlimted data, so "just use the cloud" is less and less attractive.

So many photogs and semi-pro videographers use DSLRs with SD cards, it would be a gimme. Now if they put an HDMI in on there as well?

I know, never gonna happen, but it would be nice.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.