Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdm283813

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2015
reduced errors?

how the **** will that work?

mines been absolutely prefect.

That was the only feature I loved about the iPhone 6 before returning it for the Note 4. I'm not going to lie about it. My error rate was probably 1 out of 50 tries and it was my fault.
Until someone makes a eyeball scanner Apple wins this round.

skinned66

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
Ottawa, Canada
+1 to the "works great for me." I even have touchscreen glove fingers registered that work fine. I'll gladly accept improvements for anything though.

a0me

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
Tokyo, Japan
have you tried registering a cold finger?

of course once Touch ID people work the code to allow for these you won't have to. I don't run into the same problems so just offering a possible solution for you.
I run into the same problem when my hands are not perfectly dry after I washed them, so I'm not saying it's an issue with Touch ID. It's close enough to magic for me.

PsykX

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2006
Oh come on, we haven't had one day below-30 (only with windshill a few night it went below that int the early morning). Its cold, but is not Siberia in Montreal. Yes, I'm currently living there. Also, if its -30, I think your phone is not working unless you kept inside your coat.... Works on my g-friends phone, though I try to keep my fingertips sort of most with cream and keep my hands warm most of the time ;-) (I got a 3gs, no touch-Id obviously).

You should take a look at the "feels like" temperature, it came all the way down to -39 like two weeks ago. It had me buy a new coat because the Columbia Sportswear isn't made for these temperatures.

And obviously I always keep my phone in my jeans pocket, except the 10 seconds when I change the song. I have an iPhone 5 but my colleague has a 5s and Touch ID doesn't always work when he arrives at the office in the morning.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
And will it come with a better processor and be thinner and lighter too!?!

with a better camera.

----------

If history is any guide (for iPhone physical designs, it has), then that is what the 6s will look like, just updated internals...the interesting question (for me) will be whether Apple goes to 2GB of RAM from 1GB with this next generation.

I'm starting to have some doubts about the 6s going up to 2GB.

Clocknova

macrumors member
Feb 1, 2007
TouchID fails CONSTANTLY for me. More than half of all attempts are fails. I'm constantly having to re-enter my fingers to get it to work, only to have it refuse to accept them a day or two later. I don't know what the deal is. I'm glad it works for you guys.

----------

In general it has worked near perfectly for me with a few exceptions. After working out hard and sweating, usually have to enter PIN.

Since it is biometrics, we are all different. I have seen some people have a very hard time with it. Some related to moisture or some related to temperature, either hot/humid or cold. And some it's hard to explain.

So if they can get more data and make it better, it could really help some people out. They should have a calibration test app as well.

Actually, the failures I described above are probably related to the fact that, as a chef, the skin on my fingers is in a constant state of shedding and regrowth, what with moving from stove to sink to oven to cutting board. My hands can get pretty rough. So it's likely not entirely the sensor's fault, but that doesn't mean I'm necessarily doing something wrong. My circumstances just make Touch ID difficult to use.

Still, I'd love to see a version sensitive enough for me to use successfully.

IsaiahL

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2014
I don't care about the Touch ID, I want a better camera!!!

And a good battery....

I completely agree with the both of you. The iPhone 6 camera is amazing but it's a little sad that a device that cost 649$ plus tax and a extra hundred for 6 Plus is only rocking a 8 Megapixel camera.

67de9df569e41abe6f69e9fc28eeec62.jpg

Do better Apple.

viorelgn

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
Romania
Whilst it may be reliable for the User, that doesn't mean it shouldn't be upgraded to prevent hacking. It has been shown to be possible, so it must be improved continually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.