Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timgs

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2010
Well I sent an email to Steve telling him he may want to bring the release forward due to the world cup in June/ July. Looks Luke he is going to take my advice :)

alm99

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
Sure, if it does indeed go on sale at the time of WWDC it will most likely be USA release only.

Jobs will say that internationally it will be available a month later, then later delay it a further month due to USA demand, making international launch August. Woohoo :(

Just move to the USA. Not that big of a deal.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone

TheOrioles33

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2008
Here's how Steve Jobs will introduce the new iPhone...

Steve says, "...introducing the new iPhone 4G"

Plays the video clip of Jason Chen talking about and dissecting the iPhone prototype...

Steve says, "Any questions? Okay... Thank you all for coming."

End of keynote

Except HE WONT BE CALLING IT A 4G!!!! :)

ldkaplan

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2002
N. Georgia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Contracts for most folks aren't up until July I think. So what good does moving the date up do?

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Contracts for most folks aren't up until July I think. So what good does moving the date up do?

Very true. I know me and my roommate's isn't up til July/August. We got the 3G maybe a month after it came out. It was newer than I thought when we got it (I thought it had been out for a while) so maybe even a few weeks. Enough for the hype to die down enough that they had two 16 gig ones in stock at the AT&T store we went to (They were out of stock on the white and the 8 gig ones).

G58

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2008
Maximus Pedanticus??

We don't know what day the keynote will be on as Apple hasn't announced that. Traditionally it is the first day,but we cant be sure.

Are we perhaps being just a bit pedantic? Can you name one year when it wasn't on the first day? I can't. But if I'm wrong, I'll give credit where it's due.

In the meantime, it seems pretty clear to me that the author of the second article [and his editor] simply didn't check the latest before posting.

scottylans

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2008
God damn I hope this is true so bad.
I'm going on holiday overseas for 5 weeks at June 27 - in Australia the iphone 3GS came out 1 week later than America (June 26'th)
I really would love a 4g before I go on leave!

anonymouz1828

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2009
Question

I m on family plan with my brother and we are in different states. I m eligible to iphone 4g because I still use 3g. Do I need his ID and CC to get an iphone 4g?

scottylans

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2008
Here's how Steve Jobs will introduce the new iPhone...

Steve says, "...introducing the new iPhone 4G"

Plays the video clip of Jason Chen talking about and dissecting the iPhone prototype...

Steve says, "Any questions? Okay... Thank you all for coming."

End of keynote

I am looking up historical posts from 2009 for the 3GS, it seems the announcement was the 7'th and the launch was the 19'th for the US.

The official Aussie release was June 26'th (only one week later) and I do believe this turned out to be right, they were being released on that day.

billyjoegibsonx

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2008
I hope it does come out during the 7th-11th! Can get it before my 12 month free internet runs out on the 22nd June :) lol.

snoopy07

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2010
Iphone 4G for T-mobile?

Does anyone know if the next gen iphone will be available for T-mobile? If apple wants to really have an impact with the iphone 4g it will certainly be having multiple US carriers...

:apple:

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
Doesn't matter to me - I'm not eligible for an upgrade until early September, I think...but I'll definitely be watching the Keynote and buying as soon as I'm able to :)

docpsycho

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2003
California
I hope the next iPhone won't cost us 5000$ :)

Are you Nucking Futs?! I much rather have a higher initial cost than pay an overall higher cost of monthly service. For example, Sprint is now at $70+taxes now on unlimited That is $50 a month. $50 X 24 months is $600 that stays in the bank.

mkw5053

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2010
San Francisco
I am so torn between getting a motorola droid and rooting it so I can wifi tether it with my mbp and wifi iPad or wait and get the new iPhone

mcmlxix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2009
One More Thing

After the demo of the iPhone, I'd like Steve to say, "and they're on sale today."

"And there's one more thing." He then shows a slide of AT&T's logo...then Sprint...then T Mobile...then Verizon.

Everyone bursts into a spontaneous iGasm.

kiljoy616

macrumors 68000
Apr 17, 2008
USA
After the demo of the iPhone, I'd like Steve to say, and they're on sale today."

"And there's more thing." He then shows a slide of AT&T's logo...then Sprint...then T Mobile...then Verizon.

Everyone bursts into a spontaneous iGasm.

Dream on. It looks like we are stuck with ATT for another generation. But just maybe next Gen will be open. We can only dream. :rolleyes:

AlphaBob

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2008
Rhode Island
Need FCC approval first

You won't see anything ship until FCC approval is granted. While Apple can keep a 'blackout' over a new product being reviewed, that product information will become public 30 days prior to the authorization date. Then there is also the risk that there might be an issue with the testing. So if Apple has millions of iPhone 4G sitting someplace waiting for FCC approval, they take a huge risk that they might all have to be recalled (although no doubt they pre-test the heck out of the devices and know that they will pass ahead of time).

So wait for the FCC to open the kimono, then add 30 days to that date, and you know when the iPhone 4G will ship -- that day or later.

lucky967

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2010
I think that AT&T blocking employee vacations for June means that it will be released early in the month. If it was going to be a later release, AT&T would probably have blocked July vacations.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.