Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macphoria

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2002
Current 15" and 17" PowerBooks have same top clockspeed, 1Ghz. Do you think they will change this in order to make 17" top of the line PowerBook? 1.2Ghz for 15" and 1.4Ghz for 17" perhaps? Or will they both get same max clockspeed and 12" with the lower speed?

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
I think they may have the same top speed or the 17" may be 200mhz faster than the 15". The difference in speed won't be much.

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
I don't think that the 17' should be any faster than the 15". IMHO it doesn't make much sense, at least the way I view the real difference between the 17" and the 15":

The 17" is for the person who doesn't need to necessarily work on the road as much as just being able to do his work at whatever desk he finds himself at (similar to how I use my iBook both at home and at work). That way he doesn't have to get a desktop for each place.

The 15" is like the 17", only it is geared more toward being able to use it on the road.

That, I think, is the critical difference. We'll see what happens though, perhaps Apple disagrees with me. To be honest, though, I think Apple should start offering computers (at least the prosumer computers) in completely build-to-order options, á lá Dell's online store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.