Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Having trouble loading my PNC debit card. :mad: Said "your issuer does not yet offer support for this card." Don't understand why?? Boo.

----------

Same here. On hold with PNC now.

is it an ATM card or Visa Check Card? My ATM card is not supported per my bank. The Visa Check Card is supported.

SK360

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
Beaver, PA
Having trouble loading my PNC debit card. :mad: Said "your issuer does not yet offer support for this card." Don't understand why?? Boo.

----------

Same here. On hold with PNC now.

I got this from them in a direct message on twitter yesterday.

An update for affinity cards will allow you to add them tomorrow. Thanks for your patience.

So hopefully today. Let me know what they say on the phone.

SmacTX

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2012
Eight cards max in Apple Pay?

After BarclayCard got activated yesterday, I now have 8 cards in my Apple Pay wallet (Passbook) on my iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2. Neither one will allow me to add another card. Is it well-known that there is an 8 card max per device in Apple Pay or did I just miss that?

wEdbVE6.jpg

The Add Another Card option becomes greyed out when you reach 8 cards in Passbook, and there's no way to add another card until you delete one of them.

cburton

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
Used my phone with my PNC debit card this morning. Cashier was freaked out that I could do that! Was at McDonald's. It only took two seconds for the whole process. Unless CurrentC can have that ease of use I havent a clue why any retailer would choose to penalize their customers with a cumbersome process just to collect marketing data that can easily be obtained in a different manner.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
Just added my USAA Debit Mastercard - no fuss, no muss. Didn't even have to call anyone. It activated right on the app. Whole process took maybe a minute :)

I have a USAA Amex that just errors out, I believe the card is eligible as I get past that check. I just get an error that says Try again later, or contact issuer. Can anyone confirm if they have been able to get the USAA Amex added? I was able to get my USAA MC Debit card added with no issues.

Here's a link: https://communities.usaa.com/t5/USAA-News/Power-of-USAA-Coming-to-Apple-Pay-in-November/ba-p/43312

From the article:

Can I add my USAA Bank card to Apple Pay?
All USAA MasterCard (debit and credit cards) and Visa accounts can be used with Apple Pay later this fall. USAA American Express will be available at a future date.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Just added my USAA Debit Mastercard - no fuss, no muss. Didn't even have to call anyone. It activated right on the app. Whole process took maybe a minute :)

Here's a link: https://communities.usaa.com/t5/USAA-News/Power-of-USAA-Coming-to-Apple-Pay-in-November/ba-p/43312

From the article:

I wonder why I had to call for both of mine? Which isn't a big deal, it was a direct number and took all of a minute at the most with an automated system.

I think I'm going to add a second debit card to see what it looks like. It would be nice if there was different artwork or a way to name them.

oddnendz

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I wonder why I had to call for both of mine? Which isn't a big deal, it was a direct number and took all of a minute at the most with an automated system.

I think I'm going to add a second debit card to see what it looks like. It would be nice if there was different artwork or a way to name them.

That is strange. I didn't have to call for either of my credit cards (NFCU Visa and USAA MC). It might the security notification settings on your account setting off the requests to call and verify your cards.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Huh. I just tried adding the USAA debit card for the joint account with my 15yo, and I again I was having to call to verify it. It was failing on entering my SS number, more like it wasn't hearing the tones (hmmm, I'm on wifi calling today - maybe that would be it?).

But even though the physical debit card looks different since it is a youth account, the Apple Pay image is the same. Drat.

I think I will jump off wifi calling and see if that changes the entering of the number thing.

ETA: yes, jumping off wifi calling fixed that issue, I did still have to call and activate and get the text. I wonder what the difference in some not having to do it is?

oh, and I did get an email this morning thanking me for adding the cards yesterday.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Remove card and try again.

Nope same issue, call number to verify. I am not sure the issue, I have the card show up from my applestore/itunes where it is usable, but either choosing that of scanning card I end up with it added "ready to verify" call the PNC number. Oh well just not ready for my cards yet.

Funny thing I had my Barclay Mastercard in but discovered a indian telcom called Evoice had hacked it for $18 a month so they killed the number for me yesterday and new card assigned (already new number -- last 4 digits on Barclay login) and last night Apple Pay says my Barclay Card (aka new number again last 4 digits is verified but I had deleted from passbook).

Ok I I finally got my PNC verified, I had to talk to a service representative and he activated it. He said the issue for ones one working are random and hard to pin down but it has to do how my card (a visa checkcard) causes Visa and Apple to communicate. Visa or Apple who knows, found problem and he had to activate me but now I am activated yeah! My PNC checkcard is now my default and i am locked and loaded.

Last edited:

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I have both Navy Federal and USAA. Now all I need is an iPhone 6. :p

Wait for the 6S. Being a S guy myself I jumped in on the 3GS and waited every two years since. I lok at it that by the S version most of the bugs have been corrected or upgraded. Plus by this time all the case makers have made their external cases & battery packs will fit properly and are cheaper by that point. :D

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Wait fir the 6S. Being a S guy myself I jumped in on the 3GS and waited every two years since. I lok at it that by the S version most of the bugs have been corrected or upgraded. Plus by this time all the case makers have made their external cases & battery packs will fit properly and are cheaper by that point. :D

Yup. That's precisely what I do too. I'm an 'S' guy, so I have the 5s and will wait for the 2015 iPhone before I get anything else.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Yup. That's precisely what I do too. I'm an 'S' guy, so I have the 5s and will wait for the 2015 iPhone before I get anything else.

I went from a 4->6, there was no way I could wait any longer. My 4 had taken a fall and while it had no damage visible, something got shook up inside. It will be awhile before I got another phone - 7s maybe?

Baseballdad

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
Lakeland Bank Participation

Does anyone have any clue as to when/if Lakeland Bank will make the necessary arrangements with Apple in order to begin using Apple Pay with Lakeland Bank Debit cards? I've spoken to Lakeland and the basic answer I recieved, after much prodding, was that those that wish to use the Lakeland Bank Debit cards need to inundate Lakeland's phone lines requesting to have access! Please join me in this campaign. Thank You!

Last edited:

InfoTime

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
3rd time's a charm! Or 3rd day. Easily added my PNC Visa debit today. On Monday and Tuesday I was getting the "your issuer does not yet offer support for this card" message.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.