Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
I think the reviews and others may be wrong about the touch "sensitivity issue". I think it is a "delay" issue. If you start pinching to zoom there is a delay before the screen reacts. If you go slowly it takes a second or two before the zooming takes place.

Last edited:

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I think I might just get some cheapo case off of Amazon and call it quits. :(

I got shipping notification Thursday morning, its just arrived, first impressions are that it is a quality product, I like it.

IMG_20121207_124331.jpg

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
If you ever decide to venture into the world of custom ROMs there are some that give you an option that lets you hide the nav bar from the power menu and there's one in the power menu itself. The power button next to the nav bar turns off the nav bar. You'll never get stuck because you can always use the power button to access this :D

View attachment 382049
Cool...

I am using Hide Bar to hide them, and GMD Gesture Control for the gestures to replace them. GMD Gesture Control can also hide the nav buttons but it causes a stuttering ever x number of seconds whereas Hide Bar does not. But GMD Gesture Control's feature to restore the nav buttons when the sleep button is pressed allows me to get them back in a game where the gestures do not work. Hide Bar alone doesn't do this and I have been stuck with no way to get out--other than having to get creative.

That said I would prefer an option for not hiding the status bar--and only the nav buttons. Can the mods you mention leave the status bar in place, or do they go whenever the nav buttons go away?

Michael

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
In other news last night I got a shipping notification on my 16GB Nexus 4 that was ordered last Tuesday.

Kind of wondering why I did that now. I thought 8GB was going to be really hard to adjust to, coming from a 32GB iPhone. But 3 weeks later I still have 3.5GB free--and that includes apps that I will be deleting.

Oh yea I know why I did it: it was from the depression I felt when I saw the crack going clear across the back of my 8GB Nexus 4. It took two falls without any damage and then I swear that crack just appeared. I assume it happened during one of the falls, and I just did not see it because I still had the protective film on the back. But when I put the film back on it is easy to notice. The frost-clear case I have, however, hides the crack completely.

Guess I will have to have that fixed or just sell it as-is.

I'm still shocked they have fixed the ordering for the Nexus 4 itself, but not the bumper. I am convinced, had I been able to get a bumper or case on day-one--like I wanted--I would not have a damaged N4.

Edit: I am not comfortable yet taking the N4's cover off to take a pic of the crack. So don't ask.

Michael

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
I got shipping notification Thursday morning, its just arrived, first impressions are that it is a quality product, I like it.

Just got home from work and nothing here. :(

Just checked my GMail and I also had a shipping confirmation on the 6th but the tracking no says "please call" and that it's at Basildon depot. Called them and they have no idea why it says that and that they don't have it. :confused:

No delivery card in my letterbox so I have no idea WTH is going on.

Good to hear it's a decent product at least!

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2012-12-07 14:43:07.png
    Screenshot from 2012-12-07 14:43:07.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 63

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
Cool...

I am using Hide Bar to hide them, and GMD Gesture Control for the gestures to replace them. GMD Gesture Control can also hide the nav buttons but it causes a stuttering ever x number of seconds whereas Hide Bar does not. But GMD Gesture Control's feature to restore the nav buttons when the sleep button is pressed allows me to get them back in a game where the gestures do not work. Hide Bar alone doesn't do this and I have been stuck with no way to get out--other than having to get creative.

That said I would prefer an option for not hiding the status bar--and only the nav buttons. Can the mods you mention leave the status bar in place, or do they go whenever the nav buttons go away?

Michael

In the current ROM I'm using yes it only hides the nav bar, there's a different ROM which has an "expanded desktop" feature which has to hide both together.

THE JUICEMAN

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Anyone using light flow? Notice any battery drain from it? I just bought the full version.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
Got mine last night and set it up, such a great feeling device. I have an iPhone 5 alongside it, and they are both definitely premium devices. I think I like the feel of the N4 more though, reminds me of how nice the 4S felt, fragility aside.

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
Anyone using light flow? Notice any battery drain from it? I just bought the full version.

I bought the full version too, but also cannot tell if it is draining the battery much. I did turn it off for a day or so and don't recall seeing any battery improvement.

I do notice the light flashing for no reason at times.

Michael

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Has there been any word whether the ear piece buzzing uses battery? Does feedback require voltage from a battery?

Anyone?

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
Got mine last night and set it up, such a great feeling device. I have an iPhone 5 alongside it, and they are both definitely premium devices. I think I like the feel of the N4 more though, reminds me of how nice the 4S felt, fragility aside.

Easily the best made android handset I've owned so far. Nexus One is a close second.

ChazUK

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Essex (UK)
If only they'd start shipping the bumpers now :p

If TNT don't screw me over, hopefully mine will be here next week. I'll hopefully be able to sort out getting one to you then! :D
Prepare for plenty of :banghead: though! Bloody Google and their poor ordering process. :mad:

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
If TNT don't screw me over, hopefully mine will be here next week. I'll hopefully be able to sort out getting one to you then! :D
Prepare for plenty of :banghead: though! Bloody Google and their poor ordering process. :mad:

I waited a few weeks for the phone I'm sure I'll be able to wait a few more for the bumper :p

I'm kinda bummed about not being able to use the LG wireless charger with the bumper or any other case for that matter. At least I don't think it'll work because of the shape of the charger. Google has to release their charging orb ASAP :mad:

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
I got lucky, got my bumper this morning (post 677). Unusual for me, I'm that lucky, if I was in a marching band.........I would carry a piano.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I got lucky, got my bumper this morning (post 677). Unusual for me, I'm that lucky, if I was in a marching band.........I would carry a piano.

From the pictures and videos I've seen of the bumper on the phone, it doesn't seem like it would protect the screen from falls if it were to fall flat onto the screen. It looks like the bumper isn't higher than the screen itself, is this true?

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Yeap ! Im a nexus 4 owner finally :cool:

Congrats!

Same here--was out in the yard doing some work and came around front to find it sitting by the front door!

A little earlier Christmas present for me! Look like I know what I'll be doing this weekend. ;)

daveathall

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2010
North Yorkshire
From the pictures and videos I've seen of the bumper on the phone, it doesn't seem like it would protect the screen from falls if it were to fall flat onto the screen. It looks like the bumper isn't higher than the screen itself, is this true?

No, the screen is lower than the lip on the bumper.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.