Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
Using the default messenger app on my Nexus 6p on sprint I am noticing very slow sending of text messages sometimes they don't send at all. Today I was informed that the recipient of one of my messages got it 3 times and it failed to send on my end. I'm not sure if others have been getting my messages or if I'm missing theirs.

Back a few years ago on at&t with a nexus 5 messenger had the same issue. This is what drove me to a note 4. Now a week with the nexus 6p as my daily driver it has a serious flaw as I mostly text to communicate.

I updated prl I reboot. Same thing. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

I think there is some provisioning issues with the nexus devices for the carrier's.

Anyone else have this problem? At this point I am getting tired of trying to make things work and chasing workarounds.

I'm almost done with nexus devices. Almost done with Android as well.

Sorry had to vent. Will try to make it into sprint in the next day or so to get a different device and use the 6p back on wifi and as my tinkering fix.

Edit
Hangouts is being slow as well. Pretty sure my data connection is good

Last edited:

phoneguy265

Suspended
Sep 11, 2016
Using the default messenger app on my Nexus 6p on sprint I am noticing very slow sending of text messages sometimes they don't send at all. Today I was informed that the recipient of one of my messages got it 3 times and it failed to send on my end. I'm not sure if others have been getting my messages or if I'm missing theirs.

Back a few years ago on at&t with a nexus 5 messenger had the same issue. This is what drove me to a note 4. Now a week with the nexus 6p as my daily driver it has a serious flaw as I mostly text to communicate.

I updated prl I reboot. Same thing. To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

I think there is some provisioning issues with the nexus devices for the carrier's.

Anyone else have this problem? At this point I am getting tired of trying to make things work and chasing workarounds.

I'm almost done with nexus devices. Almost done with Android as well.

Sorry had to vent. Will try to make it into sprint in the next day or so to get a different device and use the 6p back on wifi and as my tinkering fix.

Edit
Hangouts is being slow as well. Pretty sure my data connection is good

I don't see any way this could be specifically related to a brand of phone. Most likely your number is messes up in the system. Maybe it is hijacked by iMessage or Google Voice possibly?

slitherjef

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
Earth
And it's at it again. Messages not sending or even I get a reply back from one that is still sending. prl updated. Preferred network LTE.

I may try to find a new radio that may help. This is actually reminding me of the galaxy nexus problems.

There has been times when the phone has just dropped the network completely I've had to switch on airplane mode then back. I still need to update to the latest ota, I'll have to use FlashFire.

Either the phone has radio issues or the network is really starting to suck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.