Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I've seen a couple of people lose their laptop displays to reclining passengers. Both times the people got pissed at the recliner. IMHO it's the laptop user's responsibility to keep an eye on the situation and use their laptops at their own risk.

I think it's a shared responsibility. There just isn't that much room in coach, and a pet peeve of mine is when the person in front of me quickly slams back. As a rule, I generally don't recline my own seat in coach, but if you need to do so, all I ask is that you recline slowly.

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
I've used my 15" MacBook Pro and other big laptops on coach tray tables plenty of times. Obviously, the bigger the laptop, the less comfortable the experience.

In my opinion the ideal laptop size for traveling is 12". That's why a lot of business travelers opt for computers like the ThinkPad X200 series and similar machines. They have a smaller footprint and are shorter, fitting nicely on a tray table.

First, nice review, very nice work.

Second, I agree completely. I've used a 15" MBP on a tray also. When I say that the 11" is better than the 13" on an airline tray people seem to read that I'm saying you can't do with a 13". That's silly of course, you can. It's just easier and less risky with a smaller screen. I've also seen people lose screens also to someone who quickly folds back the seat.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
But you'll notice the screen is straight up and down and the person in front doesn't have the seat slammed all the way back. If that seat was all the way back it would be a different story.

The images in my review were taken when the lady in front of me is fully reclined.

I'd say the reviewers comments tell the "different story" here and in a very accurate way.

:)

treynolds

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2010
Seattle
Page Outs?

...flash storage can handle a lot of page outs without the user being aware that there had been any page outs. This means that one can get by with less RAM. See what a bunch of page outs to a conventional hard drive do to the speed of operations and you will know what I mean.

So being new to all of this, my maxed-out 13" MBA says nearly 316,500 page INs, but NO page OUTs. Is that good?

I have dedicated 1/2 of the 4 GB of RAM for Parallels to use for Windows XP Pro and AutoCAD.

Tony

eyespii

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2008
Is safari really more power efficient than chrome? I wouldn't mind using safari with adblock, but i'd miss the chrome omnibar too much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.