Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lu0s3r322

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I'm looking to buy a new camera possibly and i've narrowed it down to two cameras, the Nikon Coolpix S6 with WiFi or the Sony DSC-T9. Both are pretty good but I'm having trouble deciding which one is better. Im looking primarily for a thin camera i can carry around in the pocket. If there are any other cameras out there, let me know.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
Nikon is a bigger name photography wise, but honestly, the Sony Cybershot seems to look sturdier from pictures I saw on Google. The Nikon looks like it's made with plastic which could crack and scratch easy.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
They're both gonna be good. In this area, both companies make great cameras. I don't think you could lose with either one.

The only reason I'd pick Sony is because the T9 has an "image stabalization" feature built-in, which would allow you to take sharper photos even if you're not holding the camera completely steady. However, the Sony probably uses their Memory Stick for storage, which is expensive, and is something that Sony uses. At least the Nikon uses SD memory, which is cheaper and much more standard. The WIFI feature of the Nikon doesn't interest me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.