Nitro (car racing game) for Atari 520ST?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MacBoobsPro, May 5, 2006.

1. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Can anyone remember Nitro on the Atari 520 / 1040ST? I guess it was available for Amiga too. Are there any games like that for OSX?

I would love to be able to play Nitro again it was great.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I never saw that. About the only games I played on my 1040ST were Starglider and Mah Jongg solitaire.

3. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

It was the simplest of top down racing games. You lined up against 3 other cars and there were oil patches and holes to avoid as well as green dollars floating by that if you got one you could spend on upgrading your car.

Very basic but playability was immense. True classic.

There were loads of different tracks that got harder as you progressed and there were different routes you could take. I think it was made by Pygnosis.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Sounds like a free game I remember. You robbed banks, ran and hid from the police. It had all sorts of pitfalls.

Something like that shouldn't be that difficult to do...in the grand scheme of things, of course. ;)

5. MacBoobsPro thread starter macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

No robbin' just racin'

Ive found some emulators but they are really complicated to figure out and I dont want to knacker my mac up for the sake of a bit of fun. I can also confirm it was available for Amiga and was made by Psygnosis.

6. psxnet macrumors newbie

if you find out, let me know. I've been looking for some fun classics to pass the time with, until then I'll continue with Frogger! :)