Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Can anyone remember Nitro on the Atari 520 / 1040ST? I guess it was available for Amiga too. Are there any games like that for OSX?

I would love to be able to play Nitro again it was great.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I never saw that. About the only games I played on my 1040ST were Starglider and Mah Jongg solitaire.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
bousozoku said:
I never saw that. About the only games I played on my 1040ST were Starglider and Mah Jongg solitaire.

It was the simplest of top down racing games. You lined up against 3 other cars and there were oil patches and holes to avoid as well as green dollars floating by that if you got one you could spend on upgrading your car.

Very basic but playability was immense. True classic.

There were loads of different tracks that got harder as you progressed and there were different routes you could take. I think it was made by Pygnosis.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
stuartluff said:
It was the simplest of top down racing games. You lined up against 3 other cars and there were oil patches and holes to avoid as well as green dollars floating by that if you got one you could spend on upgrading your car.

Very basic but playability was immense. True classic.

There were loads of different tracks that got harder as you progressed and there were different routes you could take. I think it was made by Pygnosis.

Sounds like a free game I remember. You robbed banks, ran and hid from the police. It had all sorts of pitfalls.

Something like that shouldn't be that difficult to do...in the grand scheme of things, of course. ;)

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
bousozoku said:
Sounds like a free game I remember. You robbed banks, ran and hid from the police. It had all sorts of pitfalls.

Something like that shouldn't be that difficult to do...in the grand scheme of things, of course. ;)

No robbin' just racin'

Ive found some emulators but they are really complicated to figure out and I dont want to knacker my mac up for the sake of a bit of fun. I can also confirm it was available for Amiga and was made by Psygnosis.

psxnet

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2006
stuartluff said:
No robbin' just racin'

Ive found some emulators but they are really complicated to figure out and I dont want to knacker my mac up for the sake of a bit of fun. I can also confirm it was available for Amiga and was made by Psygnosis.

if you find out, let me know. I've been looking for some fun classics to pass the time with, until then I'll continue with Frogger! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.