Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicholasg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
Anyone started to trial this? Looks very feature rich and very cheap šŸ˜‰

Currently MacOS only but iOS and iPadOS app is in beta testing

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Is US$99.99 cheap (or US$29.99/year)? The price isn't much different from Silkypix. With Capture One Express being unavailable again, people looking for a reasonably-priced raw developer could find it very useful.

I've used Raw Power on my iPhone but not on my Mac. I tend to use software that works on macOS or Windows but I might give Nitro the trial to see if it's interesting.

Ray2

macrumors 65816
Jul 8, 2014
If the DAM side is decent and standalone I may give it a try. This could be a legitimate LR replacement on a Mac. Sounds like it can run independent of Apple Photos in referenced mode.

cSalmon

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2016
dc
what is the difference between Nitro and Raw Power? Is Raw Power going by the wayside and Nitro moving forward or are there differences? I see the new trend seems to be Lifetime does that just mean until an update comes along where they want to change the name as in Raw Power into Nitro?

I swear every time I turn on the computer I need to update to a new version - I wish these software engineers were sentenced to dealing with decades of files to understand why stability and longevity are more important than some new trendy dialog box

nicholasg

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2011
From what I've read it's a completely new code base that's been in development for the last 2 years. Edits from RAW Power can be imported into Nitro. I think I read RAW Power will be supported but only Nitro is in active development. There is a discount for RAW Power users.

I like stability and longevity, but software has a life cycle and sometimes you have to start from fresh using the latest frameworks etc..

cSalmon

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2016
dc
From what I've read it's a completely new code base that's been in development for the last 2 years. Edits from RAW Power can be imported into Nitro. I think I read RAW Power will be supported but only Nitro is in active development. There is a discount for RAW Power users.

I like stability and longevity, but software has a life cycle and sometimes you have to start from fresh using the latest frameworks etc..
yes I read that on his site after I made the comment and I do understand. Still I updated to Sonoma this morning only to find out my old software no longer works so instead of working on images I am once again looking for software. If the genie wasn't out of the bottle I would go back to film in a NY minute

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.